I used to think that blushes were more than enough to give my face and cheeks the warmth that we’re all looking for. Now, I think otherwise. I was introduced to bronzers and my (makeup) life has changed. I used to not give bronzers a thought and didn’t bother to add it up on my makeup routine.
I didn’t know what it was for, but now, my makeup routine won’t be complete without it.
There are two uses for bronzers: as a blush to make the complexion look more tanned and sun-kissed; and as a contour to give your face some depth. Since I’m pale most of the time, I don’t use my bronzer as a blush or I’d look weird with brown spots on my face. Instead, I use it to contour my face and it’s pretty much life-changing, or should I say, it changes how I look. It accentuates my cheekbones, making my face appear slimmer. I also use it to contour my nose and my temples to give my face some depth.
Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Princess is my first ever bronzer. I wasn’t really planning to buy it but since it was cheap, I went for it. I wasn’t expecting much of this product since I only bought it because it was on sale and thought that if I had to learn how to use a bronzer, I should start somewhere.
From the Wet n Wild website:
Add a golden glow and a touch of luminosity to any complexion for a healthy, sun-kissed look. Special blend of treated nylon powders provide long-lasting, blendable color. Dermatologist-tested.
Bigger than the regular NARS blush
What I like about Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Princess:
- Good color payoff. Highly pigmented.
- Smooth and easy to blend
- Long-lasting, I did not need to retouch for the whole day
- It’s matte.
- Does its job in contouring cheeks
- Doesn’t look muddy or dirty on me
- Doesn’t make me break out
- A little goes a long way. I’ve had this for a couple of months now and been using practically everyday but I hardly made a dent on it (just scratches from the brush)
- It can also serve as a blush to give you a touch of summery, bronzy glow.
- Really cheap for about 300 Php in local department stores in the Philippines and is barely $3 in the U.S.
What I don’t like about Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Princess:
- It has golden shimmers which can highlight pores up close. But all in all, it’s not very noticeable.
- Doesn’t look good when used to contour my nose and temples. It looks very orangey.
- The brush that comes with it is useless. I suggest using a more reliable angled brush.
- Make sure to apply bronzer in a well-lit place. I’ve made some mistakes in the past, putting on bronzer under yellow or dim light and I never fail to go overboard.
- Practice applying it as it can be a little bit tricky. Always check for streaks under daylight, if possible.
This one is my first bronzer, so I can’t really compare it with other brands. But I can say that I can rely on it when it comes to contouring my face. I recommend this for bronzer beginners like me as you wouldn’t think twice to practice with it since it’s really cheap but works well. I would be glad to repurchase this (if it ever runs out) since it’s very affordable and compact to use.
Wet n Wild Eyeshadows
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection Comfort Zone Palette
Wet n Wild Petal Pusher Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette Review
Wet n Wild Color Icon Blusher – 831E Pearlescent Pink
Wet ‘n’ Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio Review
Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer Review
Lakme Absolute Sun-Kissed Bronzer Review, Swatches, Comparison
Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in 050 Princess Peach
Eau De Toilette : L’Occitane Cerisier Princesse Cherry Princess
Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Liner – 04 Pink Princess