It is very important for me to find make up products that are 100% non-comedogenic and free of allergens. I have oily facial skin and up until now I still am battling a few pimple breakouts which I sometimes find depressing given that am already adult and should be enjoying make-up as much as I want to. But, no, adult acne runs in the family so I guess I cannot do anything about it unless I take up oral medicines for it which I do not really like at all.
Anyway, in my search for products that would not irritate my skin, VMV Hypoallergenics claims to be non-comedogenic, free of all known cosmetic allergens, 100% All-Types-Of-Fragrance-Free, 100% Preservative-Free, Non-Drying and Usage + Patch Tested. It’s a Filipino company which has already reached other countries (Hongkong, Thailand, UAE and USA).
About VMV Hypoallergenics (taken from their website):
VMV HYPOALLERGENICS™ is the only brand to validate its hypoallergenicity: our VH-Rating System is based on objective, independent references for allergens: the North American Contact Dermatitis Group + European Surveillance System on Contact Allergies.
In addition to proven efficacy, our products are as safe as you’ll ever see: Validated Hypoallergenic VH -76 (sans all 76 common allergens), 100% All-Types-Of-Fragrance-Free,100% Phthalate, Dye, Paraben + Preservative-Free, and Non-Comedogenic.*
Created in 1979 (and still formulated + tested) by a widely-published, renowned dermatologist-dermatopathologist, we understand both the skin’s surface + its microscopic structure.
Other VMV Hypoallergenics products I’ve purchased are the Armada Sunblock, Foundation, and Combination Skin Care Line. For now, I’m going to review their Flush Blush.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Zinc Stearate, Glyceryl/Polyglyceryl-6 Isostearate/Behenate Esters, Glyceryl Laurate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Calcium Carbonate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glyceryl Caprate, Sodium Phytate.
Made in the Philippines.
Product Claim: Ka-bloom! These wonderful washes of color give cheeks definition and radiance while enhancing the skin’s natural bloom underneath.
Beautiful pigments free of skin-darkening, -irritating, and stress-and acne-causing ingredients.
With skin-enhancing ingredients:
Green tea and rice phytic acid for antioxidant benefits.
Virgin coconut oil for intensive moisturization.
Monolaurin for safe disinfection.
Titanium dioxide + iron oxide pigments for added sun protection.
Their 6-gram blush retails at P1490. It comes in a white padded pouch which protects it from breakage, same as with their powder foundation. Also included is a small brush. VMV Hypoallergenics have consultants which are very knowledgeable when it comes to their products.
Pros of the VMV Hypoallergenics Cheeky Gorgeous – Flush Blush:
- I like the fact that is made for the most sensitive skin. It is 100% hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. It’s 100% natural too!
- I didn’t have any break outs using this product.
- For a morena like me, the pink color is nice. I get compliments whenever I use this.
- The padded pouch is an added +++. It helps ‘take care’ of the compact in cases of accidental drops and bumps.
- Their consultants are very knowledgeable about their products. They just don’t recommend a product just because.
- Highly pigmented.
- The brush that comes with it is very soft.
- They are available at most department stores.
Cons of the VMV Hypoallergenics – Cheeky Gorgeous – Flush Blush:
- Price. It costs P1490 locally. I believe it’s cheaper here since this is a local product. The price is almost same with other known make up brands.
- Although the brush is very soft, I find it small to be used as blush brush. I normally use stippling brushes when applying blushes. The brush being small and the shade highly pigmented, using it sometimes concentrates the color on just one part of your cheeks. Again, it may be just me but that is what I experienced when I used the brush that comes with it.
Would I buy it again?
Yes. Again, if budget is not an issue. I like how it promises to take care of my skin, how they did extensive research and testing to ensure that their product is safe for the most sensitive skin. The padded pouch is also very helpful in protecting your make-up investment. Even though I have a morena skin tone, I can get away with using this pink shade. VMV Hypoallergenics has got excellent consultants too!
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Filipinas are looking for:
- brands of hypoallergenic blush
- giddy lipstick of vmv hypoallergenic revview