On cold days, we need something to add warmth and perk up our skin and that’s when bronzers come in handy. Bronzing powders help create a warm, healthy, and glowing look. Some can even be used to contour the face and define features. They can be applied on the face and even on the shoulders for a gorgeous bronzed and sunkissed look. While I am not a fan of looking tan and bronzer simply because I look awful when I am tanned, I sometimes feel like contouring my face, thus, trying a couple seemed imperative for me. One of the bronzers I have tried is from Too Faced and that is the Caribbean in a Compact Sun Bunny Bronzer.
What Too Faced has to say about Sun Bunny:
Our most popular, dual-toned bronzer is a silky combination of a rich, golden bronze and a classic bronze with a touch of pink undertone to achieve year round bronzed perfection that mimics a natural tan without any of the orangey ick!
More To Love:
• Universal Shade: Perfect for all skin tones to provide a medium tan tone.
• Multi-use: Easy to apply shades can be used to shape and contour, or to produce an all-over rich glow.
• Protect Yourself: Stay away the sun’s harmful rays by faking your bake!
Sun Bunny: .33 Oz. (Metric: 9.5 g)
Sun Bunny Bronzer: Talc, Nylon-12, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).
And according to Sephora:
Dust yourself with this naturally naughty, perfectly tan-like bronzer. Enjoy year round bronzed perfection with the most natural and skin perfecting glow this side of the Caribbean. The silky golden warmth combined with a pink under toned bronze mimics a natural tan with out any of the orangey ick! So save you skin and stop harassing your travel agent, and fake your bake like a Hollywood Starlet!
Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer
And according to me:
- The compact is really cute and the fact that it has a mirror adds brownie points to its being nifty and useful.
- Two gorgeous shades in a pan. I can imagine the lighter one working as a highlighter for those with medium to dark skin tones.
- The powder is very smooth, soft, and finely milled.
- Highly pigmented. Pigmented to show up even on women of colors. Those who are fair-skinned should use a very light hand in applying this as you can definitely go overboard with this.
- Unscented. This will always be a HUGE plus in my book.
- Can be used as eye shadow too because of its texture and pigmentation. I have tried it and it works.
- It does not have that irritating orange undertone which is a common problem with bronzers. It looks pretty natural.
- It has shimmers but won’t make you look like a disco ball IF you apply just the right amount. If applied right, it will add a nice sheen on the skin while also warming it up.
- Easy to blend and won’t look chalky or powdery.
- You get a lot of product in a pan as it contains 9.5g. This bronzer from Too Faced will definitely last you a long time.
- Very easy to go overboard with this because of the shimmers.
- If you plan to use this as a contouring powder, use very little product as I don’t think it will look natural. Or top it off with a matte powder.
- Pretty expensive for $29 but for the amount of product you get, I think it’s fairly reasonable if you use bronzers a lot.
- Too Faces is not locally available in Manila so you’d have to purchase it online or have someone abroad purchase it for you.
Overall a nice bronzer but you can skip if you prefer matte ones.
Will I buy again?
No. I don’t use bronzers a lot and blushes are enough to add warmth and color on my face.
Too Faced Amazing Face Skin Balancing Foundation Powder
Lakme Fairness Sunscreen Sun Expert Range Photos, Info
Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Photos, Swatches
Revlon Photo Ready Powder, Concealer, Foundation, Compact Makeup