Tony Moly Milky Tint 01
I’m starting to like lip tints. I usually wear lip balm during lazy days but I hate that I look pale at times n photographs. I often look washed out and white. So, I searched for a pink lip tint. It was a bit hard to find one that was pink because what we usually see are red tints like The Body Shop’s and Stainiac’s tints. I was thinking of buying Liole’s Blooming Pop Pinky Tint but I couldn’t find any seller. Luckily I found this one at Tony Moly but I didn’t buy it right away because I needed to check first if this is what I was looking for…
Product Description from their website:
Milky-texture lip tint glides on smoothly on the lips, effectively keeping it soft and supple with extracts from Strawberry, Cranberry, Raspberry, Blueberry and Blackberry.
Gently spread an appropriate amount onto the lips and let dry. Recommended to use before applying a lipstick or on days when you are not using any lipstick.
The plastic bottle is opaque making it hard to check how much you have left.
It has a mild strawberry scent which I love!
Color-wise this is a nice bubblegum pink. It is sheer so it could be layered. It a leaves a nice baby pink color perfect for summer. It does not dry out my lips and has a matte finish. No obvious lines on the lips once it starts to come off like with most stains. The color shows up very natural on me and actually lasts for about 3 hours.
The consistency is lighter compared to Benefit’s Posietint. I actually love the consistency.
This is marketed as a lip tint but I used it one time as a cheek tint and it looked like a very natural albeit deep flush on my cheeks. Double purpose!
Under natural light
Under fluorescent light
Where To Buy
This is available in Tony Moly branches and SM Department stores. I’m not sure if all department stores carry this line but SM North Edsa has one branch and a stall inside the department store. :)
What I Like About the Tony Moly Milky Tint 01
- Pigmented girly pink color
- Looks natural and pretty
- Could be used both on the lips and cheeks
What I Don’t Like About the Tony Moly Milky Tint 01
- None that I can think of
- Don’t forget to exfoliate your lips at least once week. It’s important that you slough away dead skin to ensure even application.
- Apply a balm over the surface of your lips roughly five minutes before you apply a stain. Blot excess balm.
- Use a foundation brush in applying to blend well.
- Apply as quickly as possible. Once you apply the product, you’ll need to blend right away to avoid a blotchy and streaky appearance.
- Let the stain dry thoroughly prior to topping it with another coat or a gloss.
- As much as possible use a different bottle for your cheeks and lips for hygienic purposes. What I did is I bought an empty lipgloss bottle and used that as my applicator on my lips.
Will I Repurchase?
The color is beautiful so why not.
I only have high praises for this lip tint that also doubles as a cheek tint. This could be a cheaper alternative to Benetint Posietint. If you haven’t tried that one why not try this first! It’s pretty and more affordable!