On days when I am in such a hurry that I can no longer afford to apply a lip balm, lipstick, and lipgloss separately, I choose just one product and that is the lip balm. I’d rather have somewhat pale looking lips that have them dry with using just a lipstick or have gooey and sticky lips because of a lipgloss. I just can’t apply lipsticks and lipglosses without a balm underneath that is why I use tinted lip balms most of the time because it saves me time by being a balm, lipstick, and a lipgloss all in one. It moisturizes the while giving a hint of color with a little sheen to it and it’s all in one product. I started loving tinted lip balms when I got to try MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Gentle Coral (which has been discontinued, such a bummer!) and that’s when I realized that these are lip and time savers. From then on, my quest in looking for a tinted lip balm that works just like MAC TLC started. While I have found the perfect replacement or substitute good, I still do not deprive myself of trying other products, that is why I got the Tony Moly Berry Berry Magic Lip Tint in Strawberry.
- The packaging looks pretty simple and straight on. I actually like it – clear glossy pot and black cap that is made of plastic. I know that a lot of people do not like lip products in pots but I really don’t mind that at all. It may not be the most hygienic but hey, what are lip brushes for, right? Though I still prefer using my pinkie because it saves time but I make sure that my pinkie is clean before I swipe it on the product.
- I am not a fan of scented lip products but I like the smell of this Tony Moly prpduct– fruity but not too overwhelming though still a bit artificial. It is not bothersome, at least for my nose.
- This is not too glossy like the type where people can mistake you for someone who ate something really oily. It adds sheen on the lips and not gloss.
- Flavorless. What I mean with flavorless is that it does not taste like anything which I like; otherwise, I just might end up eating it and the product won’t stay on my lips for a long time if it tastes good.
- The product, though clear on the pot, transforms to a natural looking berry pink shade on my lips. Not the loud and bright type but something that still looks pretty natural. It is something like Smashbox O-Gloss and Mentholatum Lip Ice Sheer Color and the one from Maybelline so the idea is no longer new or innovative. :D
- The texture isn’t gooey or too soft and glossy. It somewhat remind me of jello, only a bit harder because you need to swipe your finger on it to get enough product. This is a pro for me because I won’t have to worry about it melting or turning to liquid.
- Inexpensive for Php 198 for a whole pot which I assume would last for months because you only need a little on each application.
- This is fairly pigmented as one swipe is enough to give your lips a pretty color.
- Lasts for hours even after drinking several times. Once the sheen is gone, it leaves a nice tint on the lips too. But you’d have to reapply after a couple of hours.
- No stinging, no irritation or allergic reaction.
- Locally available at Tony Moly stores at some malls (I am not sure which malls have Tony Moly).
Tony Moly Berry Berry Magic Lip Tint in Strawberry – Cons:
- Not as moisturizing as other plain and tinted lip balms I have tried to application of a lip balm under this is a must, at least for me.
- Apply the product little by little as it can look too pink and bright and unnatural if you slather a lot on your lips. But if that’s what you’re aiming for, then by all means apply! :P
Will I buy again?
I would but I want to try the lip tints that work just like this from other brands.
Colorbar Liquid Addiction Lipstick Berry Blush (05) Review
Lord & Berry Dream Gloss
ELF Hypershine Lipgloss in Berry Cherry Review
Covergirl Outlast Lipstain 440 Wild Berry Wink
The Body Shop Guarana Berry Volumising Mousse Review
Amway Attitude Wine Berry Nail Enamel Review and NOTD
Lord Berry Dream Glosses
Mary Kay Signature Nail Enamel Berry Bliss
Lotus Berry Scrub
Revlon Velvet Touch Lipstick Choco Berry Review