The Face Shop Nail Polish
When I was staying with my parents before, since hubby is on overseas assignment, I frequently visited SM Sucat just to stroll around and go window shopping. Since that mall is relatively small, a new addition to their list of shops would definitely not be missed! So, when The Face Shop opened its new shop there, I really didn’t miss checking it out.
The first thing that caught my attention was their huge array of nail polish located at the middle of their store. What really caught my fancy were the cute colours that you wouldn’t find in other brands. Honestly, I am used only to using local brands as I only depend on what my mom has on her stash or what our home service ‘manicurista’ has.
The Face Shop is a Korean brand which began its entry here in the Philippines in 2006. Since then, numerous stores began sprouting here like mushrooms in different malls which probably coincides with the increasing number of Korean migrants here in the Philippines. Now, The Face Shop does not only cater to Koreans but also gaining a vast majority of Filipino fans. Me included.
Common Ingredients: Ehtyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Diethylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Nitrocelluoise, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Keratin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide
When I bought these from The Face Shop, they retailed for P85 each. Not sure though how much it is now.
Each one comes in an 11ml (0.37 fl oz) bottle. With a black brush/cap applicator, it has a leaf emblem on top of the bottle cap. Another thing to note is that their nail polish colours’ names come in codes like PP403, BR803, etc.
Now on with the pros and cons.
Pros of The Face Shop Nail Polish:
- It’s available in a variety of different colours. Colours not normally available in local brands. Whatever your mood and style is, definitely, The Face Shop nail polish has it.
- Even though I’ve had it in my stash for almost 1.5 years, the polish consistency never became too thick for nail application.
- It doesn’t easily chip off even though I wash or use my hands often.
- I think it made my nails stronger. No nail chipping or whatsoever.
- I like how the nail polish shines on my nails especially the light coloured ones.
- The brush applicator that comes with it allows easy application of the nail polish on my nails. It spreads evenly.
Cons of The Face Shop Nail Polish:
- The light coloured nail polish seems too light on nails. You need to apply 3x or more for it to show up on your nails.
- It takes some time to dry which doesn’t really makes me happy coz I am very impatient when it comes to that. I usually end up ruining a part of my polish. Maybe, I’ll start using those quick drying solution on my nails next time.
- As with the local brands, it makes your nails turn yellow if you leave it on too long (cannot remember how many days or weeks) on your nails. Of course! You need to diligently take care of your nails so as not to result to that. Maybe, I was just plain lazy. =P
- I really don’t like the smell of the nail polish. Anyway, its typical nail polish smell anyways so I don’t think we can do anything about it. =P
Would I buy it again?
Yes, primarily because of the vast array of colour options available for your nails. I find The Face Shop’s collection cute and girly. You can find the nail polish colour you want depending on your mood and style.
Homemade Chocolate Face Mask
Revlon Cucumber Face Wash
Amway Attitude Face Wash, Toner and Sunscreen Review
Garnier Pure Exfoliating Face Wash Review
How to Contour Face with Makeup
Pond’s Daily Face Wash Review
Types of Fringes / Bangs for Different Face Shapes