The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Pencil Sponge Eyebrow
I love grooming my brows, they totally change my overall appearance making it more framed and polished. This product that I’ll be reviewing today is my first goodie from The Face Shop. I’ve shied away from their products because I find them overpriced and lacking for girly appearance if you’ll compare it to Etude House. Now for the review!
01 Soft Brown
An eyebrow pencil that has a sponge tip to create natural-looking brows and enable easy application
After opening, take out the tip inside and apply softly on wanted area.
Mica, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Silica, Dimethicone
I usually use my In2it eyebrow color palette, either the lightest or the medium shade. Since I couldn’t bring that along with me whenever I use a small bag, I bring this one along in case of emergency touch ups, though that usually doesn’t happen to me since In2it’s eyebrow powder is really pigmented and lasts long.
I typically use this when I’m so lazy to even use a brush. The sponge that comes with it is perfect for applying it on my brows since it’s neither that soft nor hard. The color is soft brown with no red undertones. I hate eyebrow color that gives red tones since it looks horrible (red brows seriously??). My brows look natural even though I have naturally dark hair. It doesn’t look fake! I love using brown shades for my brows since black looks too ferocious and harsh. What I want to achieve is soft, natural color.
The texture is like that of any eyeshadow, soft and smooth. It is really blendable and looks great when a clear gel is applied after. It is a bit chalky since it is in loose powder form. It stays longer if I apply eyebrow set or clear gel over it.
Got this as a gift! :) but I think it retails at P314.00
Where To Buy
The Face Shop branches
What I Like About the The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Pencil Sponge Eyebrow
- Looks natural
- No red undertones
- Application is no fuss
- Less time consuming compared to pencils
- The packaging is perfect for quick touch ups
What I Don’t Like About the The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Pencil Sponge Eyebrow
- A little chalky
- Doesn’t last that long if applied alone
- Never use black brow color on your eyebrows as they can make the eyebrow look super unnatural.
- Your brows are supposed to be a few shades lighter than your hair. About 3 shades lighter than your natural hair color for a subtle, natural look.
- Powders are more natural-looking and easier to apply than pencils. You have to be very careful with pencils as they may look drawn if not blended properly.
- You could also use an eyebrow pencil first, blend well and then apply this brow powder.
- Apply the product by brushing upward and following the natural arch of your brow.
- Top it off with a clear eyebrow gel to keep it in place and make it last longer.
Will I Repurchase?
No, I prefer In2it’s brow color and since I only use it for touch ups I think it would last long.
I love filling in my brows since it gives them a fuller look. I don’t like thin brows as it makes me look old. Lot of times I forgo all makeup except that. If you are looking for a brow filler that is in powder form and is quite handy then this one is for you!
The Face Shop Wrinkle Repair Lipstick Review
The Face Shop Base Coat and Top Coat
The Face Shop Nail Polish
The Face Shop Wrinkle Repair Lipstick in OR201
The Body Shop Face & Body, Blusher, Mineral Foundation Brush Review
Fair & Lovely Anti Marks Eraser Pen Review
Fair & Lovely Multi Vitamin Cream Review
How to Get a Lovely Neck
Thank You Aruna, and a Chance Lovely Meet!
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
Bourjois Khol and Contour Eyeliner Pencil – 08 Rose Fantaisiste
Nature Republic Pretty Tree Wood Eyebrow Pencil
Faces Lip Pencil Sand
Kryolan Eye Pencil Review