The Balm Hot Mama Blush Review
This is my first The Balm product ever. I always see this brand whenever I pop by Beauty Bar store here in the Philippines. I’ve always wanted to buy their products because their packaging is gorgeous and very nice to look at, but never got the chance to.
I received this Hot Mama Blush by The Balm as a gift from my cousins last Christmas. As always, the first thing I noticed upon tearing up the wrapper was the attractive packaging.
From The Balm Hot Mama Blush packaging:
Sexy Shadow & Beautiful Blush All-in-One!
I’m not a shadow or a blush person so I wasn’t too excited to use this one. But of course, I can’t let this one pass by for too long and got the urge to use it for the first time.
Boron nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium dehydroacetate. May contain [+/- MICA, Titanium dioxide (C1 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), (Iron oxide) CI 77491)]
I was surprised by how pigmented it is. One swipe on the pan of Hot Mama onto the cheek is enough. But it’s a whole lot nicer on me when I use it as a highlighter.
What I like about The Balm Hot Mama:
- This peachy pink blush gives off a lovely color on my fair complexion.
- It imparts a very nice glow, making my face look vibrant and dewy.
- I use it as a highlighter because of its gold shimmer.
- The color lasts for hours, touch ups are not needed at all.
- The cute packaging of Hot Mama! This is why I was always tempted to buy their products even though I haven’t tested them yet.
- The packaging was very handy enclosed with big mirror, and I also love the magnetic part of the container that keeps it closed.
- Hot Mama is a great substitute for NARS Orgasm blush.
- The price which is not too steep for a product that can perform well.
What I don’t like about The Balm Hot Mama:
- It’s too shimmery for my taste because I prefer matte blushes, so I only use this as a highlighter.
- With all the shimmer of Hot Mama, I think it’s not suited for those with large pores since the gold specks tend to accentuate large pores.
- I don’t know if the packaging is sturdy enough, being made of cardboard.
If you want shimmery blushes then The Balm Hot Mama might be a good option for you. I would have used this if only it had less shimmers. I haven’t tried it as an eye shadow, but I think the color would suit as an eye shadow for summer or spring.
Since it’s a two-in-one product, it would be very handy to bring this instead of carrying a separate eye shadow and blush when travelling. I use this mainly as a highlighter and it really gives me a nice, subtle glow when used on top of my blush. It is also very photogenic, being glowy and having hints of shimmer. If you are looking for blush backups minus the hefty price tag, well, Hot Mama is a good substitute for NARS Orgasm.
Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 Review
Tutti Frutti Lip Balm by Agatha Ruiz de la Prada
L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm 819 Caramel Comfort Review, Swatches
Vaseline Relief and Repair Balm Review
Snoe Beauty Beso Balm Review
Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hot Oil Review