Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Orange Review
Do you think having a lip gloss that is not sticky is possible? I never thought it would be because of my less than remarkable experiences with lip glosses. I hate how my hair gets caught on the lip gloss and I get a line of gloss across my cheeks when the wind blow and I despise the feeling of having something sticky sitting on top of my lips. Some are even gritty and feel like sand on my lips and that definitely isn’t pleasant. That is why I stopped purchasing and using such products. Until recently, I have discovered a couple glosses that do not bear such characteristics and that made me decide to finally get this product which is the Stila Lip Glaze Stick and the shade is Orange. I can no longer find this on the Stila website, which leads me to assume that this has already been discontinued; however, I was lucky to find the product description on Dermstore.com.
What it is:
Lip Glaze Stick features the same beloved formula as the Stila Lip Glaze. Lip Glaze is a slick, fabulous gloss that boasts juicy color and a delicious flavor to match. The Stila Lip Glaze Stick varies from traditional Lip Glaze with its convenient, pencil-like design. This unique packaging allows for quick and easy application while out and about. In addition, it contains higher levels of pearl for added shimmer. Enhance color, boost shine and keep lips ready for anything with Lip Glaze Stick.
Polybutene, Isocetyl Stearate, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Flavor (Aroma), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Farnesol, Citral, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Cinnamal, Linalool.
- The shade is a vibrant red-orange that can go on sheer or be layered for a brighter pop of color.
- It is fairly glossy but isn’t sticky which is a plus in my book.
- It has shimmers that aren’t visible on the lips.
- The glitters and shimmers do not feel annoyingly gritty. No “sand-like” feeling on the lips.
- Lasts quite long too for more than 3 hours and leaves a sheer nice tint on the lips once the gloss is gone.
- Even when worn alone without a lip balm underneath, it does not feel drying on the lips. Though I still think wearing a balm is a must.
- Unscented. I was hoping it would smell like orange but it doesn’t. That’s fine though as it could probably smell a bit too artificial.
- It has to be sharpened to get more product so I think it is quite hygienic since you will get rid of the outer layer that has already touched your lips and got exposed to the air.
- No allergic reaction and my lips did not feel itchy.
- Pigmented so it can certainly be worn on its own.
Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Orange – Cons:
- You need to be extra careful when putting the cap back on as it can definitely smudge.
- You waste quite a lot of product as you sharpen it.
- It needs to be stored somewhere cool as it melts when it’s hot.
- Once the tint and gloss are gone, you’re left with glitters on the lips.
Will I buy again?
No. Wasting a lot of product just to sharpen it isn’t very practical.