Spectraban SPF60 Sunblock Review
I am an advocate of preventive health. I strongly believe in vaccination. I protect myself from diseases that are vaccine preventable. I don’t want to let myself go unprotected from those diseases then just find a cure when I happen to catch them. The same way I believe in the importance of sun protection products. I want to protect my skin from damaging effects of the sun than to suffer from premature wrinkling, age spots, skin cancer and so on. Basically, I don’t want to be damaged by something I know I can protect myself from. I think I have stressed my thoughts on preventive health enough and so, on to my Spectraban SPF60 Sunblock review.
I use different sunblocks for the face and for the body on days I am staying outdoors longer, either at the park or by the beach. I find most sunblocks that feel lightweight on my body, still heavy for my face. Some are irritating as well. I look for four things on a sunblock to use on my face. First, I want it to have protection against UVA and UVB. Second, it must have a high SPF value of 50. SPF 50 means it can filter 98% of sun’s harmful rays. Third, it must not irritate my face. Last but not the least, it must be lightweight and must not make me oily.
Spectraban SPF 60 Sunblock comes in a simple, white, squeeze tube. It is very convenient to use. It has 60 grams of product in it. The cream is white in color and it has very mild scent that you really can’t smell unless you sniff it closely. I only use a pea size amount of this product on my face. A pea size on my neck and another one on my nape.
From the Stiefel Website:
Sunblock 60 allows protection from both UVA & UVB for all skin types
Non greasy & water resistant
Contains SPF 60 that ensures long lasting efficacy
Directions for Use:
Apply on the area exposed to sunlight (such as face, neck & body) at least 30 min before exposure. Massage on to skin until absorbed.
Spectraban SPF60 Sunblock – What I Like:
- It has very mild scent. It is perfume-free.
- I like the packaging. It is so easy to dispense the sunblock cream out.
- It has the consistency that is easy to spread and even out on the face.
- This does not form that whitish film on skin or those white streaks.
- It is non greasy.
- This is more lightweight than Hawaiian Tropics Baby Face or Nivea Sun Kids. I can use this even on regular days, going to the mall or lunch out.
- It is easily absorbed by the skin. I give it a minute or two to be absorbed before putting on makeup.
- I find it moisturizing. I no longer use moisturizer whenever I use this.
- This is a broad spectrum sunblock since it has protection against UVA and UVB.
- It has SPF 60 which filters 98-99% of harmful sun rays.
- It is true to its claim that it is hypoallergenic.
- Available at Watsons and Mercury Drug Store.
Spectraban SPF60 Sunblock – What I Don’t Like:
- I find it expensive. It is P600+ per 60 grams tube. I use my tube only for my face and my son’s face too and it lasts me a long time.
There are lots of products we can try to find what is most convenient for us to use and what best suits our needs. It is good to invest time and effort caring for our skin. For sure, everyone would love to have that feeling of going out so confident without make up on because you know you have healthy skin. And even with makeups, makeup look best on healthy skin right?
See the beauty in everything,
Val Anne Bee
Sun Safe -Lotus Herbals SunBlock Reviews – SPF 40, SPF 60
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 100+ Review
Avon Sunblock Lotion SPF 40 PA+++
Difference Between Sunscreen and Sunblock: Daily Beauty Tips
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Filipinas are looking for:
- spectraban sunblock
- spectraban spf 60 reviews