Sleek MakeUP Wonderlast Berry Blush 608
Sleek MakeUP became really popular to make-up loving Pinays in 2011 because international and local make-up bloggers have been raving about it. Thanks to our entrepreneurial sisters, this brand is readily available for purchase online or in local bazaars. Sleek blushes have been much reviewed already so I will review one of their products that isn’t as popular as the blushes and the eye shadow palettes – I will be reviewing the Sleek Wonderlast Colour and Gloss.
I’ve been looking for a lip colour that will last a long time since typical lipsticks disappear after a few hours and so far I haven’t found one yet. This caught my eye when I was at the Updated Trends booth at the St. James Bazaar last November. Sleek is known for their highly pigmented and long-lasting products so I figured I will try this. The shade I bought was Berry Blush 608 since my first choice, Crimson Fire, was sold out already.
“A combination of a highly pigmented long-lasting colour and a moisturising clear gloss with non-sticky, glossy properties. The dual ended product will provide the lips with a medium coverage of colour and shine.“ – From the Sleek Website
Lip Colour: Polybutene, Triglyceride, Tocopherol, Pearl Powder, Propylparaben. May contain: (+/-) Red Iron Oxide (CI77491), D&C Red No. 27 (CI45410), Titanium Dioxide (CI7891) Black Iron Oxide (CI177499).
Lip Gloss: Alkyl Dimethicone, Silica Gel, Propylparaben
How to use:
1. Apply Step 1 – The Wonderlast Colour
2. Wait for at least 45 seconds when the colour has dried or has settled on your lips
3. Apply Step 2 – The Wonderlast Gloss
What I like about the Wonderlast Berry Blush 608:
- The lip colour side of Wonderlast is very pigmented
- Berry Blush shade is gorgeous
- Packaging is very handy
- It is a two in one product – value for money
What I Don’t like about the Wonderlast Berry Blush 608:
- Has a weird plastic-ish smell but it is not that noticeable unless you smell the it from the bottle
- Gloss is too sticky
- Lip colour tends to rub off after a while.
- The smudges around the edges of the lips after some time
- Application must be precise since it is noticeable if there are uneven edges – probably because the shade I chose was striking.
- Sometimes there are flakes / chunks of lip colour after unconsciously pursing or rubbing my lips together. Horrible. -_-
- Emphasizes dry flaky lips
- Feels like poster paint on the lips
- Hate the wand of the gloss – it tends to rub off the lip colour even with a light hand when applying the gloss
- Even if I waited for more than 45 seconds to dry the lip colour before putting on the gloss, it didn’t stay put when I applied the gloss on top to “seal” it in.
- Has a drying effect even with the two layers of products
- If lip balm is applied under it, it does not stick well to the lips and rubs of faster.
- Settles on the crevices or creases on your lips after a while
- Difficult to remove. I had a mini freak out when I used this and on my way to a client meeting it started flaking and when I tried to rub it off, it smudged beyond the lining of my lips! Good thing I had a moisturizer, lots of tissue and a darker lipstick.
- Not readily available to swatch, test and purchase unless online stores selling Sleek MakeUP join bazaars otherwise, it is only available online.
I wouldn’t honestly recommend Wonderlast to other people. Sleek Blushes for sure but not this one. Will probably try their Lipsticks instead.
Sleek Makeup Au Naturel Palette Review, Swatches – Nude
Sleek Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette Review, Photos, Swatch
Sleek Makeup Suede Blush Review, Swatch, FOTD : Nude
Oriflame Swedish Spa Beauty Wonder Oil Review
Maybelline Wonder Finish Foundation Review
MAC Wonder Woman Mineralized Skinfinish Photos, Swatches