Ever since the BB Cream craze started a couple of years ago, I have tried a few brands and I while most disappointed me, there are a couple that stood out. The common problems I and a lot of other girls have encountered with BB creams are the said products are too light and most have grayish or pinkish tones and since most Filipinas have warm undertones, finding one that matches the skin tone can be quite tricky. I found one BB cream that addressed that concern regarding undertones and that is what I am reviewing today – PureDerm 3-in-1 Beauty Magic BB Cream. I decided not to do an introduction for BB creams since it is no longer new to most beauty enthusiasts, but to cut it short, it’s a multi-purpose product since it claims to work as foundation and moisturizer with added benefits; hence, it is considered by some as a skin care product. On to the review then.
Pros of the PureDerm 3-in-1 Beauty Magic BB Cream:
- The packaging is really cute since the color is hot pink, which resembles that of the Skin79 BB cream. It is also hygienic since it is a squeeze-out tube that gives you control over the amount of product you get. Just remember to gently squeeze it so you won’t get more than you need.
- Unlike other BB creams that are gray and/or pink-toned, this has yellow tones in it. I have mentioned earlier that one of the main problems most Filipinas encounter with BB creams is that most are too pink or gray for them, thus, finding a good match becomes a problem. Since this has yellow tones, it addresses that problem and it will no longer look off or weird on the face.
- Texture is smooth and creamy and spreads easily on the face. It is not as thick as L’egere so it only takes a few swipes to evenly apply it all over the face.
- It is indeed warm-toned and has no hint of pink or gray in it.
- Some BB creams smell somewhat medicinal while this has the scent of a typical liquid foundation. And the best thing is that is does not smell like some makeup do.
- It gives sun protection. It has SPF30 PA++ and it also blocks both UVB and UVB rays. Though it has SPF, I think it’s better to still use a different sun screen.
- It provides light to medium coverage depending on how much you apply. One to two layers can give you light coverage. You can also add a few layers to get medium coverage especially if you need to cover blemishes and scars. Though it won’t do much for acne pits or bumps, it can somewhat lightly conceal dark spots and very minor blemishes.
- Blends well with the skin. I like that it does not sit on top of the skin, but rather blends with it. It actually feels like second skin – only a bit smoother, brighter, and more even.
- I have experienced oxidation on some BB creams but I have not experienced that with this product. I was thrilled when it stayed true to its color and did not make me look pink or orange.
- I had a really bad experience with a couple of BB creams from Skinfood as I broke out with two variants. I never broke out with this though. In fact, I remember my skin acting up and after using it for a couple of days, my skin got better. Maybe it’s just me but I really did see a difference on my skin’s condition.
- Since this product has SPF, I thought it would cause whitish cast on pictures. I never had a problem with that.
- Locally available at most drugstores and department stores nationwide.
- Reasonably priced at more or less than Php 600 with 50mL of product.
- It can emphasize dry patches or flakiness. This is the variant for oily-skinned individuals. There is one specifically made for those with dry skin.
- It does not last one whole day on my combination-dry skin. It lasts for only 4 hours at most.
- The hole on the tube is quite big so you really have to be extra careful and gentle when pressing or squeezing the tube.
- May not suit darker skin tones. It initially looks dark but it turns light once applied.
Will I buy again?
Well, I am already on my second tube. :-)
11 Beauty Applications of Olive Oil
Ayurvedic Beauty Regimen
Beauty Benefits of Neem (Indian Lilac)
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
Ask IMBB Tag : Best of Makeup and Beauty
Victoria’s Secret – Beauty Rush Passion Fruit Pop Review
Mango For Skin: Summer Beauty Benefits
Quotes on Women, Makeup and Beauty
Dove Beauty Body Wash- Review
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Health and Beauty Benefits of Emu Oil
NYX Rouge Cream Blush Red Cheeks Review, Swatch
How To Apply Cream Blush
Avon Ageless Results Day Cream, Retroactive Youth Extending Cream
Kaya Fairness Nourishing Day cream with SPF 15 Review
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic Review