Profusion Cosmetics Eye Shadows Review and Swatches
Profusion Cosmetics is a less known drugstore cosmetic brand, though they have been around since 1999. I find their products quite similar to Coastal Scents, but cheaper. I’ll be reviewing their 6 Profusion Cosmetics eye shadows that I got as gifts from an Aunt. You can check their website to check on the kinds of products they offer. Some cost only for $6 to $15; this are kits mind you.
I like some of the color combinations. And since these Profusion shadows do not have a label indicating what their shades are or even a number, I’m just going to label them as Compacts A, B, C, D, E, and F for review purposes. These shadows are quite pigmented. You don’t have to keep rubbing on to the product to build up color in your eyes. I find it difficult to blend into my lids and creases though. This could also be accredited to my lack of expertise in eye makeup. I’m a big fan of dramatic eye makeup but I still find it difficult to put them on.
I used Compact C on an event and the lasting power was quite good, 6-7 hours with no touch ups needed. Take into consideration that I just sat in an air conditioned room for the entire day. It has the right mixture of creaminess and chalkiness. Is there such a thing? I just don’t find it too chalky or too creamy that’s all.
I like how bronze Compact A is, perfect for a summer look don’t you think? Compact C is great for making smokey eye makeup with a hint of color. I’m loving violet shades lately when it comes to prettifying my peepers. As to B, I haven’t tried it yet. The color combination is kind of off for me.
My love for matte does not help in making me love these shadows. They’re just too shimmery. I tried taking off the top with a facial tissue but the product underneath still shimmers.
What I like about Profusion Cosmetics Eye Shadows:
1. Plenty of shades to choose from.
3. Compact, so you can just pick a color combination and place it in your purse.
4. Pretty color combinations.
5. Easy to open container.
6. Sturdy compact.
7. Transparent Packaging, easy to locate and determine the color.
8. Just the right creaminess. Does make my lids look oily. (But not matter either)
9. It did not form into a crease line on my lids.
10. Very soft.
12. Long lasting.
What I do NOT like about Profusion Cosmetics Eye Shadows:
1. Does not have a label or number stating the shade.
2. Very limited information on the product e.g. ingredients.
3. Takes a lot of space in my makeup drawer. I prefer an eye shadow palette compared to this.
4. Too shimmery for my liking.
5. Not for everyday wear.
6. Difficult to blend the two shades together.
7. Noticeable fall-out when I apply it with a brush. Works better with applicators I think.
Will I buy it again?
No, thank you. I’m just going to give this away to whoever wants it. I really do not love that it’s extremely shimmery. If you are into shimmers then this is for you. Since it’s highly pigmented, this can last you a long time. Those who are used to putting on eye shadows might enjoy this product more than I did.