NYX Round Lipstick in Fig Review
If there’s one thing that could make a girl’s day brighter, it is pink lipstick. No matter what your skin tone is, there is always a pink shade that would look lovely on you. I am a believer of red lipsticks which will always remain to be a classic, but there’s nothing a pink lipstick can’t solve as well. Wearing pink lipstick never fails to make myself feel pretty and it instantly lightens up my mood. Without a doubt, pink lipstick is something that a woman should always have.
I was on a pink lipstick search when a pink shade caught my eye, and it’s from NYX. NYX is a drugstore brand in the US that caters a wide range of pink lipsticks. It is a brand that I depend on when it comes to lipsticks since it carries almost every shade that you can imagine, with a very cheap price.
Going back to the search, when I found out it’s from NYX, I asked my friend who was in the US that time to buy it for me, but he failed to. Since he is a guy, he confused NYC Cosmetics with NYX, but that’s another story. Anyway, after several months, a bazaar in World Trade Center in Manila was held and that was where I got the chance to buy my beloved NYX Fig. I bought it right away without testing, since they didn’t have any testers during that time.
NYX Round Lipstick is our classic lipstick for all-year round. The mineral-based emollient formula offers a beautiful velvety texture, saturated color and it resists wear and smudging. It’s your go-to lipstick.
Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax,Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax,Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate,Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl -2 Triisostearate, IsostearylIsostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate,B.H.A, Fragrance, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide Red, Iron OxideYellow, Iron Oxide Black, D&C Red No.6, D&C Red No.7, D&CRed No.27, FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue No.1Aluminum Lake, and D&C Red No.36
What I like about NYX Round Lipstick in Fig:
- As what the NYX Cosmetics website says, it’s my go-to lipstick.
- Beautiful warm-toned shade that suits my skin tone.
- Bright and vibrant (after layering).
- Creamy and moisturizing, doesn’t make my lips look dry or chapped.
- For a drugstore product and inexpensive price, it has a decent staying power (without eating or drinking of course).
- It’s a good lipstick for its price.
- Very affordable. It’s $2 in the US, while some sellers in the Philippines retail it for 200 Php.
What I don’t like about NYX Round Lipstick in Fig:
- Sheer on first application so I have to apply a second, third, to several layers of this to achieve the color I want.
- After eating and drinking with it on, I’m always left with odd-looking lips after it has faded so I always need to reapply.
- While this is readily available in US drugstores, it is not offered in our local drugstores.
We only have limited stores in the Philippines that sell NYX makeup. I know a store in Serendra Fort Bonifacio called Pure Beauty which sells NYX lipsticks. I always get my NYX lipsticks from US drugstores where they come in cheap, but there are also sellers here in the Philippines who retail them for an affordable price as well.
Would I repurchase? Yes, I would. It’s a very lovely shade that I would be glad to use often. There are other beautiful shades of pink that I would also like to try, but NYX Fig will always remain as one of my favorites.
Enliven Kiwi and Fig Shampoo Review
Faces Canada Go Chic Lipstick Fig and Mulberry Slush
Revlon Colorstay Lip Color – Fabulous Fig 325
Lakme Aquashine Lip Color in Fig Review
NYX Round Lipsticks in Fig, Peach Bellini and Rose Review
The Body Shop Earth Lovers Fig & Rosemary Shower Gel Review
Revlon Fabulous Fig