I’ve been hunting for that perfect little pink lipstick for a long time. Yes, there are many pink lipsticks out in the market today but they very seldom looks good on me since I have morena skin tone. It’s actually very hard to find a match. In one of the forums I frequently visit, I learned about Nichido Pink Ice. I got curious about the product since the price was affordable so, in one of my trips to SM, I was able to buy 1 Nichido Sheer Lipstick with Shea Butter in Pink Ice for myself.
Nichido is a Filipino brand popular among students and those on a budget. They offer cosmetics on a very affordable price hence the popularity. They are sold in SM department stores or at Watsons. Hence, Nichido can be considered a local drugstore product.
Ingredients: Not available. This lipstick though has shea butter, Vitamin E and sun filter which has been indicated on the tube.
Product Claim: Nichido Sheer Lipstick with moisturizer and sunscreen.
Contains SHEA BUTTER, an excellent moisturizer, to protect and nourish the lips by restoring the lipid barrier.
Contains antioxidant VITAMIN E derivative that protect lips from environmental damage.
With SUN FILTER that minimize the harmful UV rays.
The Nichido Sheer Lipstick with Shea Butter – Pink Ice comes in a pink aluminum-like tube. I like how the packaging looks classy and is comparable with other high end brands. It doesn’t come in a box though. Its net weight is 0.4 grams.
This is affordable at P168 per tube. The Sales Assistant told me that it is one of their bestsellers. I can see how it is popular in one of the online forums that I frequently visit.
Using it is pretty easy. It glides smoothly on lips and doesn’t form small clumps. I noticed though that the staying power is not good since it can easily be wiped out when drinking or eating. Anyway, I can just reapply as needed.
Pros of the Nichido Sheer Lipstick with Shea Butter – Pink Ice:
- Ease of application. With the shea butter ingredient, the lipstick glides easily on lips when applied. It doesn’t form little clumps on my lips which is actually good.
- It doesn’t dry my lips out.
- The pinkness of the lipstick actually looks good on me. It doesn’t darken my overall look even though I have morena skin tone.
- Price is very affordable. Since this is a local drugstore brand, you can buy it at less than P200. Even students can buy this lipstick.
- Availability. It is available at all SM Department Stores or at Watsons.
Cons of the Nichido Sheer Lipstick with Shea Butter – Pink Ice:
- I have read several articles that Nichido lipsticks, when used over a long time, can cause your lips to darken which is really bad. This means that there are harmful chemicals in it AND we can actually ingest it when we drink or eat. If you really want to use this lipstick, ensure that you apply a lip balm first. Also, don’t eat or drink. Avoid licking your lips when you’re wearing this.
Would I buy it again?
Probably not. It’s a good enough lipstick with a very affordable price. It does its job well by giving me those pink lips I wanted. It’s moisturizing thus, it doesn’t dry my lips out. However, what puts me off is the potential harmful chemicals it might contain which I wouldn’t sacrifice my health with.