I like using facial masks, whether they’re sheet masks, clay masks, face packs or sleeping packs, once every week. I find it relaxing, even if I only have to leave them on for a short amount of time, because the prospect of having softer, rejuvenated skin always puts me in a better mood. My mask for this week is the Montagne Jeunesse Sensitive Skin Masque. Montagne Jeunesse has a nice, wide array of facial masks to choose from, some of which sound pretty yummy (chocolate!), but when trying a new brand, I always go for the variant for sensitive skin.
Relax. Let our caring Sensitive Masque deep cleanse and nourish your skin. Complete the treat and use the Serum with re-hydrating Ceramides which lock together to seal in moisture.
Suitable for dry, mature, normal, and sensitive skin. Gluten-free.
Step 1: Cleanse your face with water and pat dry. Apply evenly avoiding eyes and lips. Now take it easy and let the masque do the work. After about 10 minutes, rinse it off with water and pat dry. To aid re-hydration this masque does not dry. Use only as directed.
Step 2: After using the Montagne Jeunesse Zen Flower Sensitive Skin Masque, apply a light, even layer of the Montagne Jeunesse Sensitive Skin Ceramide serum, leave on until the serum is fully absorbed. Use only as directed.
When I bought it, I didn’t notice that this packet actually had two sections, but it does. The top partition contains the serum, to be applied after the masque, while the lower partition contains the masque itself, which is to be left on for 10 minutes, then rinsed.
Anyway, I followed the instructions and tore open the bottom part first, to apply the mask. The product inside is a sea-green, thick paste, and the scent of it vaguely reminded me of something. After applying a layer of it, I figured out what—a combination of unflavored taho, or silken tofu, and the cheap paste in tubes I used for crafts when I was a kid. It’s not too strong though, or irritating to the nose.
The masque didn’t feel any tightening or stinging sensation while it was on, and it wasn’t sticky or uncomfortable. At first I thought 10 minutes was a bit long, but it’s actually really quick. This does not dry up, and just stays moist, as mentioned in the packaging. It took a bit of effort to wash off. It’s pretty thick, so I had to go through each area twice, and carefully, to make sure I got it all off.
After patting my face dry, I took a pea-size amount of the serum, which is in the top partition of the packet, and applied it to my face. It felt kinda sticky at first, but after a minute or two, it didn’t anymore. It had a very mild scent. This is supposed to seal in moisture, but I didn’t find it moisturizing enough to be used alone, so I put on a light layer of moisturizer on top of it. And how did my skin feel after all that? Softer, yes. Rejuvenated, yes. Irritated, or itchy? No. Yay!
Here’s what I like about the Montagne Jeunesse Sensitive Skin Masque:
- It was indeed gentle. There was no redness after use, or any itching or discomfort while the mask was on. No pimples developed afterward either.
- It provided much needed moisturization and hydration.
- My skin looked and felt rejuvenated after use. It no longer looked dull, but more glowy. Softer and smoother too.
- No overwhelming scent.
- The serum seems to provide added moisturization.
- It’s only PhP 84.75.
- There was still a lot pf product left, which I think can last one or two more uses.
- Easy to come by at Watsons branches, department stores, some supermarkets and drugstores.
And what I don’t like about the Montagne Jeunesse Sensitive Skin Masque:
- The serum feels a little heavy. I would use this only at night because it might make my face greasy if used during the day.
- I think t would be unsanitary to keep the leftover amounts in the already-opened packet and then use them a week later. It would be better if they made smaller, one-time use sizes available so I could buy multiples of those and store them for later use.
This mask felt nice on my dry skin, and did not cause any irritation or negative reaction at all. It made my face feel notably softer and look more healthy, sort of like how I look after taking a refreshing nap or night of sleep. Give it a try if you want an affordable and moisturizing mask for dry, sensitive skin.
Hey, happy Friday everyone!