Milani Minerals Mousse Foundation in Warm Cocoa Review
I have been using liquid foundations like Maybelline Aqua Smooth and MAC Studio Fix for years. Milani Mousse Foundation is my first mousse type foundation. What made me purchase this mousse foundation were the reviews I read about it. They say it’s very good for oily skin which I do have. So, I went ahead and bought it.
I bought this product from an online shop in Facebook for only P180 each. I couldn’t find any shade guide for Milani equivalent to the MAC NC30 shade. This is one of the downside of online shopping. Thanks to reviews and guides we can find online, I was thinking of buying the Classic Beige shade but it was not in stock. Since I went on a summer outing that gave me a tan, I purchased Warm Cocoa which I felt was 1 to 2 shades darker than my natural skin tone.
Left- Warm Cocoa shade, right- French Cream
What Milani Minerals say about their Mousse Foundation:
MINERALS Mousse Foundation is a lightweight, oil free, mineral based foundation with a built in primer that won’t clog pores. This silicone based formula delivers a silky smooth finish, evens out skin tone, minimizes pores and diminishes the appearance of fine lines for a more youthful looking skin. Suitable for all skin types and in all climates from extreme hot to extreme cold, does not affect the feel or wear on your skin. Enriched with Vitamins A & E and Jojoba Esters, Oil free, talc free, paraben free & free
of FD&C dyes.
MINERALS Mousse Foundation is available in 10 shades:
Compatible shade matching made easy. Pick color closest to your skin tone, shades are very forgiving. Pump a small amount on your fingertip or sponge. Apply and blend evenly to face.
Tip: If your skin is oily, apply a minimal amount of moisturizer, if any. Milani’s Mineral Mousse is a 2 in 1 primer & foundation which helps control excess oil.
Top- French Cream, bottom- Warm Cocoa
What I like about the Milani Minerals Mousse Foundation in Warm Cocoa:
- It comes in a plastic bottle with a gold pump on top and a gold bottom too. It gives out good amount of mousse on every pump. It has gold plastic cap.
- It has 15ml of product. I saw on online sites catering to the international market that this is sold for $7 to $8. Converting to peso, it’s P300 to P345. I bought this for only P180 as stated above.
- Warm Cocoa is most likely 2 to 3 shades darker than my tone. It is yellowish brown in color. I read that it is best to use yellow toned concealer and foundations on dark skin tone. That explains why it is yellowish. I tried it on and it made my skin yellowish brown which I found odd. But I gave it few minutes, and the color looked better. It’s lighter than when it’s newly applied. The yellowish tint subdued andgave my skin a silky finish look. It gave me nice golden, tan, morena look.
- This product is perfect for oily skinned people like me. My face stays matte longer than other liquid foundations or BB creams. This is a good one. The coverage is medium to heavy depending on how much is applied. It hides blemishes and big pores.
What I don’t like about the Milani Minerals Mousse Foundation in Warm Cocoa
- Warm Cocoa is still darker than my tanned skin. My skin is back to its medium light tone now. I can’t use this dark shade anymore.
- It’s availability. Like out of the 10 shades for this product. The online store I found only had 3 shades available. Other sites do not ship to the Philippines.
- I purchased the lighter shade, French Cream weeks after I bought Warm Cocoa. I’ll do a separate review when I mix the colors I have now. I am still on the lookout for the availability of Classic Beige shade.
See the beauty in everything,
Val Anne Bee
Milani Multitasker Face Powder
Milani HD Advanced Concealer Review
Milani Mineral Blush Mai Tai Review
Milani Liquif Eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil – Aqua
Milani Baked Blush in Corallina Review
The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation
Faces Minerals Liquid Makeup Ivory 02 Review
Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse Review
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter Review
Lotus Herbals Cocomoist Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Lotion Review