Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
One problem encountered by teenagers and adults alike would be those dreadful breakouts! I, for one, was and is still experiencing occasional breakouts all throughout my teenage years until well into my adult life. Unfortunately, I inherited my father’s oily skin. I have tried several products already, from the cheapest to the most expensive ones. One of the products that I discovered is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I have learned about this product via browsing thru online forums.
What convinced me to buy and try it out would be the online testimonials from current users. Plus, more testimonials from US celebrities really sold me into getting my hands on one.
Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol, Aqua, Calamine, Camphor, Colloidal Sulfur, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin, Talc, Zinc Oxide, CI77947, Titanium Dioxide, CI77891
Made in the USA.
Product Claim: Effective acne spot treatment. This product will shrink ugly whiteheads virtually OVERNIGHT while you sleep. This product is safe and effective for all skin types.
How to Use: After your cleanse, tone, and moisturize routine. Apply a dab of lotion directly on the whitehead using a cotton swab. Do not rub in. Let it dry and rinse off in the morning. DO NOT shake the bottle and apply only the pink sediment on the skin.
The product comes in a small bottle with a screw-on cap. It’s very handy for people always on the go. My husband disliked the smell. My brother who, like me, inherited my father’s oily skin genes, liked it.
Pros of the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:
- Shrinking small whiteheads overnight is a breeze with the use of this product. But for those pesky cystic acne, it will take about a week still for it to shrink with nightly applications.
- Mario Badescu’s Drying Lotion is easily available at Rustan’s Department Stores.
Cons of the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:
- Smells like caladryl for me with a tinge of alcohol. The scent can be quite strong but it isn’t really an issue for me as long as it performs its job.
- It’s very easy to follow the instructions mentioned in the packaging and on their website. However, the usage of cotton swabs (especially thick ones) will deplete the salicylic acid faster than the pink sediment. I ended up with the container having just the pink sediment in it. Once it hardens and dries up, you will not be able to use it anymore. What a waste! My suggestion would be to strip most of the cotton from your cotton swabs. Just leave a little for you to be able to scoop out the pink sediment from the bottom owith a little bit of salicylic acid. Then apply. By the way, make sure you let the pink sediment dry up first on your face before going to bed. You don’t want any of that stuff on your pillows.
- Since the product is not locally made, expect that price will shoot up. The Drying Lotion is priced originally at $17 if bought in the US. But if bought here in the Philippines, cost would be ~$26. Yeah, a 50% increase.
Would I buy it again? Maybe. I would recommend using it only during emergency cases. If you have relatives in the US, ask them to buy stocks for you since buying here is really expensive.
Best Way To Stop Nail Polish Drying in a Bottle
Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Lotion Review
Vaseline Healthy White Body Lotion Review
Enchanteur Moisture Silk Hand & Body Lotion (Romantic) Review