MAC Lustering Lipstick Review
MAC is one of the most popular makeup brands that offer a huge range of colors and textures for their makeup, and I consider their lipsticks as their most-bought product. MAC lipsticks never let me down, so it’s one product that I keep on purchasing from MAC. I’ve always been a fan of their matte lipsticks because the colors are such winners. But aside from mattes, they also have the satin, sheer, glaze, and lustre finishes, and a few others more which I badly want to try.
Lustre was on top of the list, so I checked the internet for the variety of colors available for the lustre finish when I found this watermelon pink color called Lustering. It looked so beautiful that I bought it without having second thoughts.
MAC describes this shade as an “outspoken pink lustre”. I agree with everyone who says that this shade is underrated. This shade is a lot less popular than the other shades, and I don’t know why, since the shade is beautiful and very wearable. It looks a little bit intimidating on the tube but believe me, it’s sheer (but very buildable) upon application.
Shade name starting to wear off due to constant usage
What I like about MAC Lustering Lipstick:
- Lovely color payoff
- Good as an ‘everyday lipstick’
- Glides smoothly
- Can go sheer to pigmented, it’s very buildable
- Does not highlight the chapped part of my lips
- The color makes me look youthful and lively
- You can wear it alone (without a gloss) as it already leaves a glossy finish
- It’s a blue-tone lipstick, therefore making my teeth appear whiter
- Not drying
What I don’t like about MAC Lustering Lipstick:
- Expensive. I bought mine for 800 Php before the price increase. I believe it’s now being sold at 1,000 Php in local MAC stores
As what the name implies, it gives a luster type of finish. I can’t go wrong with this lipstick as it’s very versatile. I can pair it with a bare face or go with a made-up face (and don’t end up looking over the top). I always wear it when I’m pale, and when I’m tanned (like right now), I can still wear it and it does not disappoint. So I can say it could work well whether you’re cool or warm toned.
Lipsticks could become very drying but this one in luster formula is somehow moisturizing. I’ve tried a couple of luster-type of lipsticks from other brands but they’re all too drying, so this one from MAC with moisturizing properties is a bonus.
- Lightly dab the lipstick on your lips for a nice sheen, or swipe it generously to achieve the pop of color that you want
- For pigmented lips (like mine), you can pat a bit of concealer across your lips to make your lips look neutral before applying your lipstick. This way, the bright pink color would appear more intense and true to its color.
I usually use this lipstick when I run errands like going to the grocery or paying bills – times when I don’t trouble myself with how I look. And since this is a no-fuss lipstick, it’s always present in my makeup kit. I often don’t need to retouch with this lipstick- when it wears off, it still leaves a nice sheen. Before, I used to look for lip stains (other than lipsticks) but they’re not as long lasting as what this lipstick can give. Would I repurchase? Yes I will, and I’m also looking forward to try another MAC Lustre Lipstick.
MAC Spirit Lipstick Review
Foundation : MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation Review + Look
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle Review
MAC Smolder Eye Kohl Review + Experiment
Streetwear Color Rich Lipstick: Pink Pie
Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick #128 Review
51 Lipstick Lip Swatches You May Have Missed!