L’oreal Ideal Balance Unifying and Balancing Two Way Powder Foundation
A product I first bought when I was just getting interested into make-up was the L’oreal Ideal Balance Unifying and Balancing Two Way Powder Foundation with SPF 18 for Combination Skin. I got introduced to this product when my make-up artist friend used this on me as a finishing powder when I attended our company’s Christmas event. I was actually in awe with the effect it had on me so I didn’t hesitate buying my own.
FOR A MATTE, FRESH, EVEN COMPLEXION ALL DAY LONG
- For the first time, a compact foundation contains the active balancing ingredient Hydra-Claryl. Where oily, it evens out skin tone and controls excessive shine; where dry, it keeps the skin’s natural moisture level.
IMMEDIATE ULTRA SOFT AND SMOOTH FINISH
- It melts onto the skin for extremely easy application, an instant satin-smooth feel, a matte finish and incredible comfort all day long.
MAKE UP RESULT
- Evens out combination skin
- Matte finish with no dryness
- Keeps skin’s natural moisture level
SKIN CARING FORMULA
- Satin smooth feel
- Easy-blend powder texture
- Non comedogenic
- Non acnegenic
- Dermatologist tested
- Fragrance free
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines
Honestly, I wasn’t able to use this ever since I shifted to using mineral make-up due to my uber sensitive and acne-prone skin. I had this connotation that this make-up will easily break out because this is traditional make-up not MMU. It’s only now that I’m pregnant and my oily glands went on a vacation that I began relooking into my make-up stash. I rediscovered this Two Way Powder Foundation which I’m really glad I did.
I bought this at P945 at Cinderella before. Not sure though how much it retails now. Anyway, regarding the packaging, it comes in a posh, blue plastic and refillable compact case. It also has a mirror and sponge. The compact case has those little holes on the sponge container side allowing the sponge to ‘breathe’ when wet. You can actually see that in the photo below.
You can apply the Two Way Powder Foundation either wet or dry allowing more flexibility for the user. I already used the foundation for both conditions and it stood up well. I prefer applying it wet though as it gives more coverage.
The pressed powder foundation is smooth and easy to apply. When applying a wet sponge, it doesn’t clump up on the pan itself. I have taken a product swatch of the NATURAL shade below.
Pros of the L’oreal Ideal Balance Unifying and Balancing Two Way Powder Foundation:
- I didn’t have any problems when applying it on my face either wet or dry. It glides on smoothly. I find though that when I apply it initially, it looks too light, but after awhile, it already blends well on my skin. You see, I am acidic so I tend to buy products lighter than my actual skin tone.
- It instantly gives me a smooth, soft and matte finish. It also evens out my complexion.
- It does give a nice coverage hiding most of my acne marks. A little use of concealer would probably do the trick.
- It doesn’t give me that oily look the whole day I’m wearing this foundation. No retouch needed.
- I don’t have that itchy feeling after applying the foundation.
- I like how they package the two way powder foundation. It’s refillable so it’ll save you some $$$ in the long run.
- No irritations experienced so far.
Cons of the L’oreal Ideal Balance Unifying and Balancing Two Way Powder Foundation:
- I can’t think of any right now.
Would I buy it again?
Definitely! I didn’t really expect that much when I bought this but I was pleasantly surprised that it exceeded my expectations. It’s great for ladies with combi skin.
L’Oreal Professionnel INOA Hair Colour Review
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner
L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect Longlasting UVA/ UVB Protector SPF 50
L’oreal Total Repair 5 Instant Smoothing and Nourishing Oil Serum
L’Oreal Paris Pearl Perfect Facial Foam Review
L’oreal Lip and Eye Makeup Remover Review
L’oreal Paris – Color Appeal Trio Pro Eye Shadow Review & Tutorial
L’Oreal Made For me Naturals Lipstick Review
L’Oreal Smooth Intense Smoothing Shampoo
L’oreal Professionnel Shine Perfecting Serum Liss Ultime Review
L’oreal Glam Shine Lip Gloss Moon Crystal Review, Swatches
MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder Review – Indian Makeup Blog