Kryolan Professional Makeup Anti Shine Powder Review
People with combination-oily and oily skin tend to look for products that can mattify and help keep oil at bay. A lot of mattifying products are coming out in the market from skin care to primers to makeup. If there is one type of makeup that can be trusted when it comes to longevity and staying power, that is makeup that is used on stage. It needs to last a long time and adhere for as long as it can because it can be fairly hot on stage with all the costumes and lights that hit your face as you perform. One of the trusted brands by theatre people is Kryolan. Kryolan is a brand in Germany that made its way on different parts of the world and the Philippines is no exception. I have tried a few products from this brand and the one that remains a favorite of mine is the Kryolan Professional Makeup Anti Shine Powder which is what I am reviewing today. I think it is also worth mentioning that this has received a 4.5/5 rating at MakeUpAlley with an 88% buy again rate from consumers. Sounds great, right? Anyway, here is my review.
Product Description taken from the Kryolan website:
Anti-Shine Powder is a special matt powder, similar in its way to Asian rice powder. At the same time, however, Anti-Shine Powder prevents unwanted dull effects and creates a pleasant feeling on the skin.
Anti-Shine Powder is colorless and is especially effective for the additional matting effects that become necessary during long shooting sessions.
Kryolan Professional Makeup Anti Shine Powder – Pros:
- This Kryolan product comes in a huge 30g jar which will last you for years! The jar is very basic and simple, nothing fancy and extraordinary and pretty much straight on. It gave me the impression when I first got it that it means business and not something that would be an eye candy because it definitely isn’t an eye candy.
- Finely milled though not as smooth and silky as I hoped it would be.
- It does feel matt even when you just touch it with your fingers. And it does feel matte once on the face.
- Mattifying and staying power are both great! It does help keep oil at bay especially on my t-zone area.
- It stays on my skin for quite a long time. I think we’re talking about more than 6 hours here which isn’t bad especially for my skin type. I can definitely imagine those with oily skin benefiting from this product.
- Product claims that it is colorless but it somewhat affects the shade of foundation especially when a lot or a little too much is applied. If you have a foundation that is like a shade or a couple of shades darker, you may want to try applying a few layers of this over your foundation and it might end up looking like a match. I have tried it and it works!
- It initially broke me out but I really wanted to make this work so I kept using it until my skin got immuned to whatever that ingredient is that’s causing me to break out. I no longer break out with it.
- It works just as great as MAC Blot, if not better.
- On days that are really hot, I use this on its own and it works.
- Locally available at Kryolan Stores at Il Terazzo in Timog and SM North EDSA.
- It may seem expensive at Php 1350 for a 30g jar but trust me, you’re paying for something that will last for years. Do the math!
Kryolan Professional Makeup Anti Shine Powder – Cons:
- I noticed that it loses its mattifying magic on me if I use it continuously for a long time. I have to stop using it for a few weeks until a month or maybe even more for it to once again work. That is absolutely strange. Maybe my skin gets used to it that it stops working.
- Packaging is bulky and it can be a pain to apply as powders will be all over the place if you bring it around with you. I strongly recommend you putting some on a smaller jar for a more convenient way of using it.
Will I buy again?
I would but I would like to try the one from Ben Nye first before I repurchase.