Kryolan Dermacolor Camouflage Cream Review
Kryolan is a German brand widely known to makeup artists for stage, theater and film as this makeup is actually designed for professional use. I’m not certain if this brand is familiar to common people like me, for I only got acquainted with Kryolan a few years ago through a forum where everyone seemed to be raving about this brand during that time.
Kryolan’s products are said to be designed for professional use and are meant to withstand heat from bright lights coming from theater and film paraphernalia. Their best-selling and most raved about products are their foundations and concealers which come in a huge selection of pots and palettes.
I went to their first store in the Philippines at Il Terrazzo in Tomas Morato, where I bought a primer and this particular concealer called Dermacolor Camouflage Cream in shade D3. It is actually recommended for blemishes but I use it under my eyes because I find the product’s pigment well-suited to counteract my dark under eyes.
More information from Kryolan website:
DC Camouflage Cream is an especially highly pigmented make-up which is designed to correct and cover skin disfigurements, discolorations and tattoos. DC Camouflage Cream is especially suitable for face and neck. With proper use of the Dermacolor Camouflage System skin abnormalities can be easily corrected. Ones DC Camouflage Cream is fixed using Fixing Powder and Fixing Spray from Dermacolor it will be waterproof and protects the skin against damaging UV radiation. DC Camouflage could last even under extreme conditions like swimming, heat and physical strain. Dermacolor Camouflage Cream is available in an extensive range of shades and those are intermixable which gives the make-up a natural appearance when applied correctly.
Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Cetyl Palmitate, Magnesium Myristate, Cera Alba (Beewax), Petrolatum, Cera Camauba, Tocopherol, Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citiric Acid, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl lonone, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Fragrance.
Color selection from Kryolan.com
What I like about Kryolan Dermacolor Camouflage Cream:
- Full coverage, highly pigmented
- Matte in finish
- It is yellow-based so it substantially conceals my dark under eyes
- Creamy in texture
- Wide range of color selection
- Photographs well
- Waterproof and sweat-proof
- Cheaper than other heavy duty concealers. It sells for less than 1,000 Php (4mL) in Kryolan stores.
What I don’t like about Kryolan Dermacolor Camouflage Cream:
- Can be difficult to spread and blend on dry under eyes
- It starts to fade off after a couple of hours.
- It tends to get dry after a couple of hours, thus can highlight wrinkles and dry patches.
- After some time, it tends to get dry inside the container, making it more difficult to blend.
- Its thick consistency makes it look cakey if not used sparingly.
Left side: no concealer. Right side: with concealer
- Moisturize your eyes and let the moisturizer or eye cream be absorbed first before putting the concealer on.
- Warm the concealer by rubbing some on your clean fingers before lightly dabbing on your dark under eyes, blemishes and other skin pigmentations. Without warming it up, it would most likely look dry and hard to blend.
- Use a translucent powder to set the concealer to prevent it from looking waxy.
- Make sure your hands and fingers are clean before picking up the concealer to avoid contaminating the product.
They say that this product is not meant for everyday use, but I keep on reaching out to this concealer almost everyday to use on my dark under eyes because of its coverage and pigment. I’ve been using this for more than a year now and I still have a lot left. This product is well worth the price and is actually one of the few concealers that works well on my under eyes (although it’s designed for blemishes and other skin pigmentations). Will I repurchase? I love my shade (D3) and it’s a product that I can really depend on when it comes to concealing, so I definitely will.
Kryolan Color Corrector Paint Stick 303 Review
Kryolan Supracolor Makeup Palette with 6 Colours
Kryolan TV Paint Stick
Kryolan Ultra Underbase Review
Kryolan DermaColor Fixing Spray Review
Kryolan Derma Color Camouflage Cream
BH Cosmetics 10 Color Camouflage and Concealer Palette
Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup
Cover FX Camouflage Concealer Review
How To Camouflage Grey Hair: Ask IMBB
Dr. Reddy’s Venusia Max Intensive Moisturizing Cream
Superdrug BB Cream 5-in-1 Skin Perfecting Day Cream