As I may have mentioned on a previous review, I love tinted lip balms simply because they moisturize the lips while keeping them pretty because they also add a hint of color on them. On my quest in finding my holy grail of tinted balms, I have tried a few and one of them is the Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Pomegranate. Please note that this is different from the Korres lip butters in pots and this is the one in a squeeze out tube packaging that resembles a lipgloss. I chose this shade because it is coral with a touch of pink and since I love coral pinks, I thought that this is something that I would adore and fall in love with right away. Now let’s see if I was right about it. But first off, here’s a description of this product.
Buttery, vibrant color that leaves lips moisturized and supple.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Lightweight, moisturizing lip butter glaze imparts vibrant and shiny color
- reamy blend of lightweight natural oils and extracts to soothe and condition lips
- Smells utterly delicious, and comes packaged in an easy-application tube
Pomegranate, Raspberry, Wild Rose, Quince, Jasmine
The Knot Beauty Awards Winner 2010
INGREDIENTS: Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Beeswax, Stearalkonium Bentonite Silica Silylate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Ethyl Vanillin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Iron Oxides
Active Ingredients (from Sephora):
-Organic Bee Waxes and Sunflower Seed Waxes: Provide a unique soft creamy texture that melts on the lips.
-Certified Organic Sugar Cane: Conditions lips and improves texture.
-Pomegranate Fruit Sterols: Hydrate and provide antioxidant protection.
Now here’s what I have to say about Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Pomegranate:
- This is a very bright coral shade with a light hint of pink but goes on really pretty and light on the lips. You can apply a couple more layers if you want a vibrant shade of coral on your puckers but a thin layer will do if you prefer it sheer.
- This is glossy on its own and can pass as a lipgloss – only a moisturizing and non-sticky one.
- Pigmented and lovely when used alone but prettier when topped with a lighter pink or beige shade. Or can be used on top of pale lipsticks to make them look less corpse-like.
- Scent is almost undetectable so my nose loves it. I prefer unscented lippies because the lips are right under the nose and if you have a sensitive nose, it can detect even the slightest hint of smell. I’m glad that even though it is a little scented, it does not cause a sneeze fest or trigger my allergic rhinitis as some other products have.
- This is fairly moisturizing though not as moisturizing as the regular lip butters in pots, at least for me. It is more like a moisturizing lipgloss sans the stickiness than it is a tinted balm.
- Many will favor this over the regular Korres lip butters hygienically speaking and packaging-wise because this is in a squeeze out tube instead of a jar.
- Texture is kind of creamy but definitely isn’t as buttery and smooth as the regular one (Now can you tell which of the two I like better?).
- Does not contain mineral oil, paraben, propylene glycol, and ethanolamine which a lot of people dread.
- One tube contains 10mL of product. Since you only need a little amount on each application, I can see this tube lasting for a few months.
Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Pomegranate – Cons:
- Korres is not available locally but you have the option to look for it online or have someone purchase it for you instead if you badly want to try it.
- For $14/tube, it is quite pricey. I’d personally go for the regular Korres lip butters since they are better in my opinion and cheaper by a few bucks.
- Not as moisturizing as the regular ones.
Will I buy again?
While this a pretty tinted balm, I prefer something that performs great when it comes to keeping my lips moisturized and the regular lip butter does that well. If I were to repurchase, it’d be the regular one.