Kanebo Coffret D’or Full Styling Rouge (Glow) in RD 167 Review
When it comes to lipsticks, I think I am part of the minority who prefer sheer, glossy, and juicy ones over pigmented and opaque lipsticks. I want something that I can apply without even looking at a mirror and even on days when I am in such a hurry or running late for work. I noticed that these lipsticks are present among Japanese brands and since I adore such brands, I knew I would love them. My favorite Japanese brand is Kanebo and the lipstick I am reviewing is from their Coffret D’Or Line which is the Full Styling Rouge (Glow) in RD 167. Well, here is the review.
Kanebo Coffret D’or Full Styling Rouge (Glow) in RD 167 – Pros:
- Shade is a gorgeous medium pink with a hint of red or berry. I believe it is supposed to be a red shade but it really isn’t. I know that when it comes to Western brands, red is red but with Japanese brands, they seem lighter and pink. I’m not complaining though.
- This goes on sheer. It adds color on the lips though but if you want a brighter and more vivid pop of color, you can definitely add a few more layers. Don’t worry, it won’t make your lips look fuller, it just makes them glossy.
- It looks shimmery on the tube but they are less visible once on the lips.
- It glides on really smoothly yet it feels creamy. It actually feels like butter.
- This does not feel gritty at all even though it has shimmers. As I have stated, the shimmers are not that visible on the lips. It just adds a very nice shine when applied once or twice but adds gloss when layered.
- This does not feel gritty at all even though it has shimmers. As I have stated, the shimmers are not that visible. It just adds a very nice shine when applied once or twice but adds gloss when layered.
- This lipstick feels silky.
- Moisturizing. This is one of the very few lipsticks that I can wear without having to worry about my lips getting dry and flaky. Even when the color and gloss are both gone, my lips still feel smooth and soft. This is moisturizing enough that I can get away without wearing a lip balm underneath and I still do not end up with dry and chapped lips.
- It does not settle on the lip lines as most opaque and pigmented lipsticks do.
- No allergic reaction on my lip area.
- I can apply this without having to check myself out in the mirror.
- Since the Coffret D’Or line is available at Rustan’s and a few other Kanebo counters, I assume that they also have lipsticks. But I am not sure if this shade is available.
- Kanebo products are mostly pricey and the Coffret D’Or line is no exception. I guess this alone costs over Php 1200 as I remember the Lunasol lipsticks cost around Php 1600 to Php 1650.
- Since this is glossy and sheer, the staying power isn’t remarkable at all. It only stays on for at least an hour, no eating and drinking involved. It wears off pretty easily when I drink so I need to re-apply every hour or so. I can overlook this fact since it leaves my lips moisturized but the staying power can definitely improve.
- I’m afraid this has been discontinued as I can no longer find this shade anywhere on the Coffret D’Or website.
Overall, I love this lipstick. I remember saying before that I do not like this because of its poor staying power but I have seriously come to like this because it is very moisturizing for a lipstick plus the fact that my preference has changed and I now prefer sheer over pigmented ones.
Will I buy again?
Yes! If I can find a shade quite similar to this, I definitely will.
Kanebo Coffret D’Or Beauty Lasting Pact UV Foundation Review
Kanebo Freshel White C Mineral BB Cream UV SPF 41 PA++ Review
Kanebo Coffret D’Or Cheek Color Blush in PK 22 Review
Rose Bun – Long Straight Hair Styling Tutorial
Colorbar Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches
YSL Rouge Volupté 27 Rose Paris Review, Photos and Swatches