Human Heart Nature Citronella Bug Spray
When I first got a bottle of the Human Heart Nature Citronella Bug Spray as a gift, I tried it once, crinkled my nose at the scent, and put it in the closet, where it proceeded to sit for a few months. But when my little girl ran out of her usual insect repellent one day, I took this out and applied a small amount to her clothes and skin. Since then I’ve made sure to keep a regular supply of it. Do read on to find out why.
What the company says about the product:
Our 100% natural bug spray effectively protects you from disease-causing mosquitoes and pesky bugs without the nasty effects of toxic chemicals.
Includes organic virgin coconut oil (VCO), known for its skin-healing, moisturizing and anti-microbial benefits. It also contains organic citronella oil, a well known insect repellent, organic lemongrass, essential oil together with rosemary and lavender essential oils give off a pleasant smell that’s good for you but bad for the mozzies and bugs! Suitable for very young children!
Human Heart Nature Citronella Bug Spray 100ml bottle
I initially found the scent of Human Heart Nature’s Citronella Bug Spray very unpleasant, hence its being shoved to the back of the closet immediately after first use! It smells strongly of citronella with no other note or scent mixed in. I’m a bit particular about scent, especially with products I use on my daughter (I prefer them to be unscented or mildly scented). I’m finding it hard at the moment to describe how the product smells, but I recall someone describing it as something like wilted flowers, and I’d have to agree with that.
But you know what made me keep using it and keep on buying it each time I run out? Its effectiveness. This is one of my favourite items among all the Human Heart Nature products. I saw that it was truly effective at fighting off mosquitoes when one time, I forgot to re-order a bottle and bought a different brand at the nearby supermarket. Within a week of use my daughter and I got a bunch of mosquito bites, which turned to unsightly dark marks, and which to this day have not yet completely faded. Got a bottle of the Citronella Bug Spray again and we stopped getting the bites.
What I like about the Human Heart Nature Citronella Bug Spray:
• It successfully keeps mosquitoes at bay. Seriously, we use this every day, my daughter and I, and we get zero mosquito bites. With the recent news of bouts of dengue it’s important to me to keep us protected from mosquito and bug bites.
• I love the cheap price tag. A 50ml bottle costs PhP 84.75, while the 100ml size costs PhP 129.75.
• This is something I apply to my toddler’s skin daily—I really appreciate that it’s made of natural ingredients and doesn’t contain any toxic chemicals that might, in any way, be harmful to my baby or me.
• It’s mild to the skin, never caused us any itchiness or rashes, even in punishingly hot weather.
• A small amount of it goes a long way.
• It’s in a simple, easy-to-use pump bottle that lets me use the product inside to the last drop.
What I don’t like about the Human Heart Nature Citronella Bug Spray:
• The citronella scent is not so nice, but by now we’ve gotten used to it and barely notice it anymore. My mom still finds it too strong though and suspects that sometimes it triggers her allergic rhinitis.
• This repellent is in oil form, so it does have a sticky feel. It sinks in after just 5 to 10 minutes though.
Human Heart Nature’s Citronella Bug Spray has become one of our everyday necessities. I’d keep on buying it and I highly recommend it. It has proven to be effective against mosquito and bug bites, and so long as it keeps us safe from dengue—even with the scent increased to thrice its current strength, and even if I don’t feel like applying the oil on my skin on the hottest of days—I’d still keep using this product.
Nature’s Essence Natural Hair Colors Burgundy Review
Oriflame Pure Nature Organic Aloe Vera & Arnica Extract Soothing Face Cream
Oriflame Pure Nature Organic Calming Toner
Foundation : The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals Foundation Review
Nature’s Essence Gold Facial Kit Review
Nature’s Essence Personal Care Lacto Bleach
Nature’s Essence Aloe Vera Gel Review
Nature’s Essence Natural Hair Colors burgundy
Nature’s Essence Lacto Tan Clear
Oriflame Pure Nature Organic Burdock Extract Purifying Clay Mask
The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals Eye Color “Pink Opal” Review
Human Heart Nature Love Minerals Pressed Blush in Petal Bloom