Giordano Cheer You Up Shower Gel – Lavender
When you think about the brand Giordano, top of mind would be the classic Giordano t-shirts we Pinoys used to hoard when we travel to Hong Kong on holidays. When you receive a Giordano paper bag as a gift, first thing you’d think would be that it would probably be an article of clothing. So imagine my surprise when I opened my cousin’s gift last Christmas – apparently, they also sell Shower Gels now. I may be out of the loop with Giordano products and I honestly can’t remember the last time I entered a Giordano store – 2-4 years, perhaps?
At first glance, the packaging looks adorable – it is a plastic container in the shape of their classic Giordano polo shirt with a pump dispenser on top. A smiley face and “Cheer You Up” are printed in the middle part – no mention of the variant or the smell on the packaging though there is a tag tied to the pump dispenser for additional information on the product.
Product Description of Giordano Cheer You Up Shower Gel – Lavender:
Cheer You Up is a shower gel by Giordano. The fragrance of the one in the purplish-pink container is Lavender. It is made in China and is packaged in a 500ml plastic container with a pump dispenser.
I researched a bit and found out this is priced at Php 399.00 in Giordano stores.
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Chloride, Parfum, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, PEG-150, Distearate, Magnesium Nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride and Methylisothiazolinone.
Knowing that the scent is lavender, the first thing that came into my mind about this product that it would be perfect to be used after a long and tiring day at work. After all, lavender is known to be a relaxing and calming scent. Upon using this , I realized that the pump dispenser was really convenient to use, however, the packaging made it impossible for me to put it on my rack of bath products since it consumes so much space so it ended up on the floor. The gel is a clear gel at has a wonderful aroma of Lavender. When I used it, my bathroom smelt like the lavender fragrance but the smell dissipated fast. Upon applying it on my skin, I noticed that the formula was a bit watery and that it doesn’t lather that much so I ended up dispensing more gel.
- The packaging is so adorable! I’m a sucker for cute and quirky packaging designs. The plastic container looks very sturdy too.
- Pump dispenser makes it very convenient to use while taking a shower. I like that I don’t have to twist or flip the cap of the container to get the body wash that I need. Just pump the dispenser and voila!
- Fragrance smells good, it isn’t too over powering. The lavender scent gives you that feeling that you’re at a spa. The smell is very relaxing too – perfect to be used when you take a bath at night.
- Consistency is not too thick nor too watery.
- Production date and expiry date are stamped at the bottom of the packaging – I like that they also placed the production date.
- Smells like lavender and is reminiscent of spas or massage oils.
- The scent is perfect for relaxing after a tiring day at work – I usually use this at night.
- Shower gel is a clear gel – no fancy coloring
- Does not dry my skin and I didn’t have allergic reactions or skin irritations to it.
- Price is not that expensive and you get a lot of product in one package.
What I don’t like about the Giordano Cheer You Up Shower Gel – Lavender:
- Packaging takes quite some space especially if you have a rack for your toiletries in the shower.
- Product is a bit watery
- The shower gel doesn’t lather that much so you end up using more product
- Scent does not linger that long
I appreciate the present that my cousins gave me because I was able to try a new product from an unlikely brand to offer shower gels. I will probably opt to try another variant instead of the lavender variant in the future. Will recommend it to those to prefer their shower gels to be on the runny side and those who love Lavender scents.