I was glad I got this from Fashion 21 because I’d been wanting a matte white eyeliner to use on my lower waterline, to see if this look can really can make my eyes look more awake and a little bigger. White pencil liners with shimmers don’t really work for this, in my experience, because the shimmer smears and gets all over the place. What I wanted was something shimmer-free and subtle, and the Fashion 21 White Eyeliner Pencil was a perfect candidate.
I purchased this at the Fashion 21 stall at the huge beauty section of SM Southmall. It’s got the pencil on one end, and a foam tip on the other end, supposedly for blending and smudging. Each end comes with a plastic cap, which I didn’t include in the pictures here.
It cost only PhP 85.
The lesson I learned here? Use a light hand with white eyeliner. The difference may be subtle, but it’s there, and it can pass as natural-looking if applied softly. Lower waterlines that are really white may look nice on, say, models, or for costume makeup, but for everyday makeup, it can end up looking harsh and somewhat odd. I like to gently apply 2 layers on my waterline, and blend on the edge for any product that snagged on my lower lashes, or if I had applied outside of the waterline.
The effect is that the waterline looks illuminated, and it kind of blends with the whites of the eye, so the eyes look more awake. Great for my tired-looking eyes. Going back to the Fashion 21 White Eyeliner Pencil, I find it pretty good for this purpose, and I’m glad that it doesn’t make my eyes itch or sting badly.
Here’s what I like about the Fashion 21 White Eyeliner Pencil:
- It applies matte, and isn’t pearlized, shiny, or shimmery.
- The texture of it isn’t too creamy (I don’t find creamy pencil liners to be good for the waterline because they snag on lashes and smudge easily), although it’s not hard—it’s still a bit on the soft side.
- I experience very minimal itching with this. It’s always only at the start and the feeling goes away in a few minutes. It’s not intense that it makes me rub my eyes, or causes my eyes to be red. Feels okay on.
- Nicely pigmented.
- It glides on smoothly on my skin.
- It’s so affordable.
- Can be bought at drugstores, department stores, malls, supermarkets.
And what I don’t like about the Fashion 21 White Eyeliner Pencil:
- Poor staying power. Fades off within a few hours.
This eyeliner makes my eyes look a little more wide awake, but it does fade within just a few hours of wear, which is a shame. I’ll continue to use it, but I’ll still try out other liners.I still consider this a good buy, and if you want an inexpensive, matte white pencil liner, I’d totally suggest Fashion 21′s.
Fashion Must Haves for Summer 2011
Color Block Fashion: Trend Alert
Today’s Pick: Fashion, Accesories , Cosmetics, Makeup
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial -
Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner Caviar Ink Review, Swatches
E.L.F. Studio Cream EyeLiner Coffee Review, Swatch, EOTD
Tips & Toes Gel Eyeliner Review
Maybelline EYESTUDIO Vivid & Smooth EyeLiner – Review & Swatches
MAC Ebony Eye Pencil Review, Swatch
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Yoghurt Review, Swatches