Fashion 21 Liquid Eyeliner Review
There’s this proverb that goes “The eyes are the window of the soul”. For me this means that by looking into the eyes of a person we can see their hidden emotions and thoughts. But what if the person is wearing fabulous eyeliner, what do we see? Well, I think I see creativity and art. Right? I rarely wear eyeliners because I have a hard time applying them especially liquid ones. But through practice I know I can get better. Today, I’ll be reviewing my first liquid eyeliner ever!
It kinda looks cheap for me. I think it would look better if they made the tube plain black.
Aqua, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba, PVP, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol Metyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, May Contain C.I. 77499, C.I. 77491.
This is not the blackest black I’ve seen but it looks good enough for me. The applicator is a brush type that bends when you apply it.
It lasts all day on my oily lids and doesn’t smudge. That’s one good thing with liquid eyeliners; they don’t smudge unless you rub them off. No raccoon eyes at the end of the day!
Even though it is waterproof I find it very easy to remove, you’ll just have to peel it off using your fingers or a Q-tip. Any excess could be easily removed by soap and water, or better yet makeup remover.
Rubbed using my thumb and index finger
Rubbed again under running water
Where To Buy
Available at department stores and Watsons outlets. I usually buy at Landmark, Trinoma. (My favorite department store!)
What I Like About the Fashion 21 Liquid Eyeliner
- Lasts all day
- Doesn’t smudge
- Easy to remove
- Ingredients are listed on the packaging
- Filipino made! (Atin to!)
What I Don’t Like About the Fashion 21 Liquid Eyeliner
- The packaging looks cheap
- It doesn’t have a nice smell, it smells like chemicals
- Practice makes perfect (if you have time you could practice applying it even though you are not going out. That’s what I do. I apply whenever I feel like it even I’m just home bumming around).
- Draw a guide line with an eye pencil or eyeshadow using an angled eyeliner brush first (by doing this it would be easier to smudge away mistakes with a cotton bud, and once you have created a precise powder or pencil line to follow, you will be less likely to go wrong when it’s time to apply the liquid layer.
- To achieve a perfect lash line, apply the eyeliner as close to the base of the eyelashes as possible.
- Elongate the eyes by creating a wing at the outer corner of the upper lash line.
- Apply in dotted lines if you have shaky hands.
- Rest your elbows on a table to help keep your hand steady.
Will I Repurchase?
If you are still a makeup beginner like me and want to practice applying liquid eyeliner then I highly recommend this one. It is affordable and works just like high end brands. No need to splurge on expensive eyeliners since this one could do the job right. Why spend P1000+ on eyeliners that work similarly as this does?