I never get tired of trying new concealers. If I were forced to pick only one type of cosmetic to use, although it’d be a hard choice between lip color and concealer, I’d probably go with concealer. It’s just as essential to me as sunscreen, if not more so. I have dark circles and a number of dark spots, and it immediately improves the appearance of my skin. I’m trying local brands again lately, and the one I tend to check out first and most often is the Fanny Serrano counter. I got the Fanny Serrano Concealer in Cashew.
Soft and rich concealer stick, that gives total coverage to blemished skin.
It also has Vitamin E, UV-protection and oil-control.
It’s a stick concealer and the texture of it is a little on the dry side. I personally find stick concealers to be good for concealing dark spots or some redness on the face, but too dry to use on the undereyes. I bought this specifically for covering up dark spots caused by sun exposure, old pimple scars, and redness around the nose. I still tried using this to cover up my dark circles, but as I thought, it emphasized the dry skin I have in that area, even with eye cream applied underneath. The shade was also not effective at neutralizing or covering up my purplish-greyish dark circles.
But for concealing dark marks, this works relatively well. It provides medium coverage which does cover the spots, but not completely. Rather, it fades and softens them out so that they’re not as stark or harsh. Use it with a good liquid foundation and the pigmentations should be almost totally concealed. I think this is great for everyday use, since it provides just the right amount of coverage and feels lightweight. At the price of PhP 350 and a lot of product, this performs pretty well.
Here’s what I like about the Fanny Serrano Concealer:
- I like the black, simple but sleek packaging. It’s really sturdy too and the cap doesn’t come off easily.
- The Cashew shade is a decent match to my skin tone.
- I find the medium coverage is gives suitable for daily use.
- It’s lightweight and doesn’t feel sticky or waxy on the skin.
- Very good staying power-it lasts on me well over half the day.
- I’m happy that it doesn’t break me out.
- It’s affordable and contains a lot of product (11.5 g).
- I can get it at most malls.
And what I don’t like about the Fanny Serrano Concealer:
- There aren’t many shades to choose from. Cashew is a decent match for me, but it a tad bit light. I always blend it properly though and top it off with powder or foundation that’s a close match to my skin tone.
- It can emphasize dryness. Those with dry skin should take care to exfoliate and moisturize well before use.
- The tube doesn’t twist down totally, so sometimes some of the product snags on the cap when I’m opening or closing it.