Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Cream Review
For a constant makeup user, cleaning the face before going to bed has become a ritual for me in order to maintain good skin. Applying makeup always needs a clean and clear canvass, so taking good care of the skin is always important for me. I could never sleep well when I know that I haven’t gotten to washing my face first. Even when I’m already dead-tired at night, or when I come home partying too late in the wee hours of the morning, I always make sure to do two things before hitting the sack: one, I have to brush my teeth; and two, I have to wash my face. And so, a good cleansing routine has always been part of my system. Sometimes though, when I wear makeup, a facial wash and toner isn’t enough to thoroughly get rid of waterproof makeup like mascaras and stains. So I was constantly looking for an affordable makeup cleanser, as I cannot yet afford to have those expensive Shu Uemura Oils that I usually read about.
My best bet was to try drugstore options, but I happen to stumble into Etude House’s skin care products. And while browsing around the store, I found this Baking Powder Cream. It’s quite similar to Pond’s Cold Cream, but this actually targets the deep cleaning of pores, which was interesting to me. I happen to have large pores on some areas that are prone to oiliness, like my nose, chin and upper parts of my cheeks. Etude House actually has a whole range of Baking Powder skin care line for treating pore problems. But this Baking Powder caught my attention because it was for cleansing. Since, I am already halfway through the product, I can now make a more efficient review.
The product description says:
“Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Cream is formulated with baking powder to gently exfoliate skin with a cream texture and penetrate pores to absorb oil and residues for a thorough cleanse.”
And here are the directions (together with my tips) on how to use it:
1. Apply to dry facial skin and massage until makeup is dissolved. (Use enough product to cover entire face area. Make sure you go over your entire face, including eye area and lashes. Do it gently, no need to tug and pull, because this effectively dissolves all those makeup.)
2. Wipe off face with facial pad or tissues, and rinse with off with facial wash and water. ( I personally use facial wipes for this step. I think it ensures that all the dirt and grime are completely removed. I also tried using tissues, but facial wipes are more effective and gentler.)
Look at all that makeup!
Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Cream - What I like:
1. I love the soft and creamy texture, and the cool sensation gives.
2. Since I have to massage the product on, I like the fact that my face gets a daily massage every time I use it.
3. It effectively cleans stubborn waterproof mascaras and eyeshadows.
4. I get clean and smooth skin every time I use this.
5. The packaging is also neat for the price of Php395.00. Lots of product for such an affordable price. I’ve been using this since November, and I’m only halfway through it.
6. I love the scent of lemon or lime which comes with it. It’s very relaxing.
Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Cream - What I don’t like:
1. When I get to massage my eye area, it kind of “stings” my eyes when the product gets into it. But I guess that’s normal for all sorts of products.
2. My cleansing routine becomes longer because of this step, but I guess that’s what I get for wanting to have thoroughly-cleansed skin every night.
To sum up, I noticed that since I began using this product, my pores (which are big enough to be noticeable) are now cleaner and smoother. It’s as if there are no more clogged pores and my face is smooth as a baby’s tush. I also notice that I’m less oily now and my complexion is clearer than usual. I am definitely purchasing this again. I don’t even have to resort to doing my oil cleansing method all the time, because this product helps a lot already. As a final say, I think this is my best buy from Etude House so far. I am actually thinking of trying out the whole Baking Powder line.
Etude House Natural Sheet Mask Aloe Review
Etude House Aloha Two Two Kiss
Etude House Fresh Nailwash Review
Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring in Natural Brown
Etude House Natural Mask sheet
Etude House LUCIDarling Fantastic Nails Glittering 05 Tender Mint
Etude House Green Tea Nose Patch
Etude House VIP Girl Dear Darling Lips PK006