Driclor Antiperspirant Review
Have you ever suffered from excessive sweating (also called hyperhidrosis, which is a medical condition in which a person sweats excessively) and you thought having botox injections was the only solution? If you are scared of the word “injection” or just simply not in favor of doing anything invasive, then Driclor is absolutely what you need.
According to the Stiefel Laboratories, manufacturer of Driclor, Driclor is a clear, colourless solution which is indicated for the treatment of excessive perspiration of the underarms, the hands and the feet.
Based on the patient instruction leaflet:
Composition: Driclor contains Aluminium Chloride Hexahydrate USP 20% w/w (185 mg/mL) in alcohol
Pharmacological Classification: Antiperspirant
Identification: Driclor is a clear colourless solution.
Indications: Driclor is indicated for the treatment of excessive perspiration of the underarms, the hands and the feet.
I started using Driclor a few years ago when I was still in college. The Philippines is a tropical country and is usually hot and humid, so we can’t deny the fact that most of us suffer from sweating, sometimes a bit too much. I have no excessive sweating problems nor have any medical condition that induces sweating. In short, I am perfectly normal and was just too keen on finding the perfect no sweat antiperspirant. I spent an amount of my time searching for antiperspirants with good reputations, when I finally landed on Driclor. Almost all the feedbacks were positive, so I became too curious to know if it’s really that effective or not, that I immediately went to the nearest drugstore and bought it.
Following the instructions on the leaflet, I used it on that same night. I was already expecting temporary irritation or redness as what they have stated on the leaflet, but what happened to me was worse than that. It was very, very itchy and I even felt a burning sensation that I almost wanted to rinse it right away. I don’t know if I applied a bit too much, hence the burning sensation. All I know was it was almost unbearable. After a few minutes, the burning sensation finally stopped but the itchiness was still there (which didn’t help with my insomnia). Somehow I endured the itchiness throughout the night. On the following day, I rinsed it with a mild soap to avoid aggravating the condition I had the night before. At the end of the day, I was really amazed on how Driclor totally stopped my underarms from sweating, which lasted me for about a week.
What I like about Driclor Antiperspirant:
- Definitely effective in controlling excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) of the underarms
- One application lasts for about a couple of days to a week at the most, therefore, you don’t have to use it everyday
- I feel more comfortable and confident even on hot, summer days because I’m totally sweat-free
- It’s fragrance-free so I don’t need to worry about my perfume mixing up with its smell.
- It has done an excellent job as an antiperspirant. I don’t have to worry about having sweat patches on my clothes.
- And because it’s already that effective on stopping sweat completely, I don’t need to consider having botox injections for underarms
What I don’t like about Driclor Antiperspirant:
- Temporary irritation lasts for about one to two days
- It stings a lot upon application
- A lot of people, including me, experienced some kind of irritation, to the point that it started to cause underarm hyperpigmentation
- The product leaflet advised us to “Apply last thing at night when completely relaxed”, but based on my experience, applying it at night doesn’t really help. In fact, it caused me sleepless nights because of itchiness.
- It’s pretty expensive at Php 865 for a 60ml bottle
I have already tried a handful of antiperspirants and this, so far, is the most effective in controlling sweat. However, if you have a sensitive skin, it might cause severe irritation that can lead to further hyperpigmentation of underarms. But of course, if your priority is to completely stop your underarms, hands or feet from sweating that leads to showing embarrassing marks on your clothes, then this product is highly recommended. You can buy this over the counter at leading drugstores. I’m not sure if other cheaper alternatives work as well as Driclor, but as for me, I’m definitely sticking to Driclor for a very long time.
Dove Ultimate Visibly Smooth Wild Rose Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
Dove Whitening Unscented Antiperspirant Deodoran
Adidas Fresh 24H Anti-Perspirant Roll On Deodorant
Dove Whitening Antiperspirant Deodorant Spray Original
Dove Go Fresh Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Review
Filipinas are looking for:
- driclor philippines
- driclor reviews philippines
- driclor antiperspirant
- best antiperspirant for excessive sweating philippines