Bobbi Brown Corrector and Creamy Concealer Kit
“The secret of the universe – it instantly makes you look well-rested” – Bobbi Brown.
I recently became a follower of Bobbi Brown products when I joined one of their workshops last October. Before that, I only thought that Bobbi Brown products were expensive and that they were, to be honest, quite boring. However, my preconceived notions for these products were proven quite wrong and I’m quite happy about that.
During the workshop, they taught us Bobbi Brown’s 10-Step Beauty and I must say, I was really impressed with their range of products and how these 10 steps change the way you look – while sporting the “no make-up” look.
Two products that I really needed to buy as a result of that workshop were the corrector and the creamy concealer kit (of course I couldn’t resist buying their Mineral Foundation and Lip Color too!). Bobbi Brown was right in saying that it really makes you look well-rested ;).
Product Descriptions from the Bobbi Brown website:
Corrector: “A wakeup call for tired eyes. Corrector is pink- or peach-based to neutralize under-eye darkness and is designed to be used before Creamy Concealer. New and improved formula is long-wearing and brightens dark circles with quick, just-right coverage that’s easy to blend and won’t crease. And since great makeup starts with healthy skin, Corrector is infused with skin conditioners to protect the delicate under-eye area.”
Creamy Concealer and Pale Yellow Powder: “Conceal and set in one portable kit. Bobbi’s Creamy Concealer blends easily to instantly cover and brighten dark circles. It also helps maintain skin’s moisture levels for a smooth, virtually line-less look. Fuss-free pressed powder sets concealer for long-lasting wear.”
Corrector: Php 1,300.00
Creamy Concealer Kit: Php 1,900.00
*Both products were purchased at the Bobbi Brown counter in Rustan’s Makati
*The Creamy Concealer can be bought without the Pale Yellow powder too, I believe it is priced in the same range as the Corrector.
How to Use the Bobbi Brown Corrector:
This is to be applied after your doing your skin care regimen and applying sunscreen on your face. Using your ring finger or a brush, gently dab the Corrector on your under eyes going from your the outer areas to the inner areas. Just dab it on and do not tug your under eye area. Do not forget to apply this on the inner “v” of the eyes and the area near the bridge your nose.
How to Use the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit:
Apply this the same way, by using your ring finger or a brush. Once you have successfully applied concealer, gently apply the Pale Yellow powder using a brush to seal the products in place.
What I Like about the Bobbi Brown Corrector and Creamy Concealer Kit:
• Blends well with my skin tone – it is a must to try these products first at the counter to determine the perfect shades for your skin tone
• Quite easy to apply – you just need to get the hang of it
• Doesn’t cause break-outs
• No irritating smell
• Looks natural when applied
• Consistency is just right, not too thick nor too creamy
• Definitely brightens up your face and conceals the dark circles under the eyes
• It makes you look less haggard or tired
• Packaging is sleek and handy – you can bring it anywhere. Both the corrector and concealer comes with a mirror inside
• Wide range of shades available for different skin tones
• What is nice about Bobbi Brown products is that they make it easier for you to find the right shade. Case in point: my foundation shade is Warm Natural so the Concealer is Warm Natural too – they have developed a color that is a few shades lighter that will perfectly match your skin tone when you apply foundation on top of it.
What I don’t Like about the Bobbi Brown Corrector and Creamy Concealer Kit:
• Both products are a bit pricey
• Sometimes the product creases under the eyes – can be remedied really fast by dabbing your ring finger or brush to blend in the product again
• Dabbing the product takes quite a while
• The price tags are worth it for the products because they definitely make you look less tired.
• Unless I find something better and cheaper that will deliver the same results, I will be sticking to these Bobbi Brown products.
Coastal Scents Undercover Liquid Color Corrector Yellow Review
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector Review
Bobbi Brown Color Corrector Review
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Creamy Body Wash Review
Blush : MaxFactor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush Review, Swatches
Colorbar Creamy Matte Lipstick 032 Tangerina Review