Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream with Cooling Menthol Review
Scorching hot summer days are over but living in the Philippines, the heat is more or less expected so we need to constantly hydrate ourselves with fluids to get through the day. Much like our systems need water, our skin also needs relief from the dryness caused by the heat and humidity.
I’ve been a huge fan of Aveeno products for years because I have dry and sensitive skin that needs to be moisturized all the time. So when a relative of ours from Australia travelled to the Philippines on holidays, she gave me a tub of Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream with Cooling Menthol. It caught my eye because I was used to the typical green Aveeno lotion with pump whilst this one was in a circular tub with a blue cover.
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream with Cooling Menthol is a cream that is “clinically proven to soothe extra dry, cracked skin.” The product contains natural colloidal oatmeal, cocoa butter, shea butter and menthol.
Aqua, glycerin, distearyldimonium chloride, petrolatum, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, cocoa seed butter, ceteareth-20, cetearyl alcohol, oat kernel flour, DI-PPG-3 myristyl ether adipate, benzyl alcohol, oat kernel oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, menthol, shea butter extract and sodium chloride
When I first opened the tub, I noticed that it seemed to have the same formulation as the regular green Aveeno lotion with the pump. I scooped up some cream and applied it on my skin. Since I have been using the green Aveeno lotion for years, I noticed that it feels the same – it is easy to apply while being non-greasy. The consistency of this moisturizing cream is a wee bit thicker than that of the Aveeno lotion but almost the same texture and feel. The only significant difference between the two would be the added cooling feeling of the menthol. The menthol adds a refreshing quality to the cream and it also helps sooth dry and itchy skin.
What I like about Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream with Cooling Menthol:
- Relieves and minimizes dry and itchy skin
- The menthol feels refreshing and cool on the skin – perfect for the summer heat but can also be used anytime you want to feel cool
- Formulation isn’t too thick, greasy nor sticky
- Absorbs quickly
- A little goes a long way so no need to use a lot of product
- Dermatologist tested
- Perfect for knees, elbows, heels and other rough and dry areas of the skin
- Fragrance-free, the lotion has a faint smell of menthol but nothing too overpowering
- It really works. I applied it this morning and my skin still feels moisturized. Also, when I tried scratching to see if white streaks will appear because of dryness, there weren’t any.
- Gentle on the skin – perfect for those who have ultra sensitive skin
What I don’t like about Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream with Cooling Menthol:
- The tub packaging because it is not so hygienic – double dipping happens; a spatula is needed
- Not widely available in the Philippines; I checked S&R since that’s where I get my Aveeno stash and unfortunately, they didn’t have this product
I highly recommend Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream with Cooling Menthol because this brand is tried and tested already while this variant is perfect for the summer months. People are usually hesitant to apply lotions or creams during the summer months because it feels sticky, greasy and heavy on the skin but this product by Aveeno is refreshing and non-greasy – perfect for the hot and humid weather.
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion Review
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion Review
Hydrofil Moisturizing Cream
Nivea Soft Refreshingly Soft Moisturizing Cream
Vaseline Total Moisture 24 hour Moisturizing Cream Review
Clear Men Anti-Dandruff Shampoo – Cool Sport Menthol
Parachute Advansed Cooling Oil Review